Sponsored

Anyone running fifteen52 Traverse HDs? To beadlock or not to beadlock.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I've got a white JLR I'm nearly ready to lift (MC 2.5 likely) and get some MTs for - I've looked at what I believe to be every 5x127 wheel on the market and the only wheels I like are the Hutchinson Rock Monsters which are expensive and almost 50lbs, KMC machete crawls which are also expensive and IMO too aggressive at -38mm offset, and these Fifteen52 Traverse HDs under 30lbs, just aggressive enough at 0 offset, and pretty classy looking on white. Though obviously they're not a beadlock:
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running fifteen52 Traverse HDs? To beadlock or not to beadlock. fifteen52-jeep-rubicon-wheels

Appreciate any thoughts on these wheels both aesthetically or otherwise. Is anyone running these? I do wheel a lot and am debating whether skipping beadlocks is going to be a regrettable decision, or if 12-15 psi is sufficient for badge trails like John Bull , Holcomb creek, and eventually the rubicon. I do like the idea of keeping the total weight low with a 29lb wheel.

Can't wait to finally lock something down but wheels have been a tough debate - I'm still undecided on rubber, considering KM3s or pats but could swing any direction at this point.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
After similarly extensive searching, I couldn't move away from KMC's XD series. I ended up with the 17x9 -12 Brutes.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running fifteen52 Traverse HDs? To beadlock or not to beadlock. 20200525_143942_resized

This is the other one I went back and forth on, before pulling the trigger.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running fifteen52 Traverse HDs? To beadlock or not to beadlock. 1595687170932

They have a couple other bead locks available if you don't care about center caps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running fifteen52 Traverse HDs? To beadlock or not to beadlock. 1595686669432
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running fifteen52 Traverse HDs? To beadlock or not to beadlock. 1595686888078
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running fifteen52 Traverse HDs? To beadlock or not to beadlock. 1595686985116

SCOverlander

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Diesel
I've got a white JLR I'm nearly ready to lift (MC 2.5 likely) and get some MTs for - I've looked at what I believe to be every 5x127 wheel on the market and the only wheels I like are the Hutchinson Rock Monsters which are expensive and almost 50lbs, KMC machete crawls which are also expensive and IMO too aggressive at -38mm offset, and these Fifteen52 Traverse HDs under 30lbs, just aggressive enough at 0 offset, and pretty classy looking on white. Though obviously they're not a beadlock:
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running fifteen52 Traverse HDs? To beadlock or not to beadlock. 1595686985116

Appreciate any thoughts on these wheels both aesthetically or otherwise. Is anyone running these? I do wheel a lot and am debating whether skipping beadlocks is going to be a regrettable decision, or if 12-15 psi is sufficient for badge trails like John Bull , Holcomb creek, and eventually the rubicon. I do like the idea of keeping the total weight low with a 29lb wheel.

Can't wait to finally lock something down but wheels have been a tough debate - I'm still undecided on rubber, considering KM3s or pats but could swing any direction at this point.
I’ve been eyeing the same wheels only in black but haven’t seen them in person or heard any reviews. Hopefully someone will chime in.

OP
OP
jessedacri

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been eyeing the same wheels only in black but haven’t seen them in person or heard any reviews. Hopefully someone will chime in.

I ended up ordering them today and they should be here by Friday or Monday - I'll keep you posted. Still need to figure out what tires and size I'm gonna run before I can get them on.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I ended up ordering them today and they should be here by Friday or Monday - I'll keep you posted. Still need to figure out what tires and size I'm gonna run before I can get them on.
Ugh. I’m going on 8 weeks back order for my Analogs from 52.

OP
OP
jessedacri

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh. I’m going on 8 weeks back order for my Analogs from 52.

Shop around if you haven't - Fifteen52 is out on these too but said they'd have them in the next couple weeks but I ended up finding a set through an independent off road / auto parts distributor. I messaged a bunch of them, local and in Vegas and AZ and it seems like a lot of the independent shops use a common distributor as a few of them said they could get their hands on up to six of them in Jeep fitment from a supplier warehouse in PA.
Sponsored