Sponsored

Anyone Running Currie Anti-Rock Swaybar Up Front?

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Sponsored

Last edited:

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I ran one on my TJ. Really helped balance it offroad. It WILL drive differently on road but it was something I got use to.
lake2.jpg

-Eli

Last edited:

BSearle

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 UNLIMITED sport
Installed the Currie Antirock Sway bar last night on my 2018 JLU Sport S. Street driving feels the same so far. We will see what the trails this weekend brings.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I've been running one up front on my JLUS w/2in MOPAR Lift & 33" KO2s for about 1 month now.

What I've noticed:
1. Body roll is fine. I'm not worried on highway or street.
2. Steering does feel a bit looser or like it "wants" to wander.
- I personally think the increased allowed body roll is causing the Jeep to "follow" the road slope a bit more than it would otherwise.
3. At FULL (i.e. 38+ deg) turn, there is very slight rubbing on the Antirock bars.
- This may not be an issue on the Rubi's with the wider axle.

What I Like:
1. Smoother ride - Rough roads are suddenly smooth :)
2. I can transition on/off road without issue.. Seriously, it's too easy...
3. When you stamp on the gas, you get a nice little hood lift from the engine torque/body roll :)

What I Dislike:
1. The links are a pain to work with.
2. I'm still not 100% sure I have both Antirock bars clocked perfectly. I believe they are clocked right, but without a marker on the teeth, it's hard to say it is...
- I may actually take it apart this weekend and mark the teeth so I can be sure in the event of a trail repair, etc, etc.
3. It squeaks... Not loud, but it does squeak a bit.

I also have the Rancho Quick Disconnect for the Non-Rubicon JLs, but I haven't tried it yet. The rubbing does bother me, but it's so minor I'm just driving with it in mind for when I'm at full clock on the steering wheel. I could add spacers, but that's just one more thing effecting the Jeeps driving, etc.

If you have the cash, go for it. It's overkill for a daily driver, but it sure is nice to have if you don't mind the extra body roll and (possible) looser steering feeling.

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
I've been running one up front on my JLUS w/2in MOPAR Lift & 33" KO2s for about 1 month now.

What I've noticed:
1. Body roll is fine. I'm not worried on highway or street.
2. Steering does feel a bit looser or like it "wants" to wander.
- I personally think the increased allowed body roll is causing the Jeep to "follow" the road slope a bit more than it would otherwise.
3. At FULL (i.e. 38+ deg) turn, there is very slight rubbing on the Antirock bars.
- This may not be an issue on the Rubi's with the wider axle.

What I Like:
1. Smoother ride - Rough roads are suddenly smooth :)
2. I can transition on/off road without issue.. Seriously, it's too easy...
3. When you stamp on the gas, you get a nice little hood lift from the engine torque/body roll :)

What I Dislike:
1. The links are a pain to work with.
2. I'm still not 100% sure I have both Antirock bars clocked perfectly. I believe they are clocked right, but without a marker on the teeth, it's hard to say it is...
- I may actually take it apart this weekend and mark the teeth so I can be sure in the event of a trail repair, etc, etc.
3. It squeaks... Not loud, but it does squeak a bit.

I also have the Rancho Quick Disconnect for the Non-Rubicon JLs, but I haven't tried it yet. The rubbing does bother me, but it's so minor I'm just driving with it in mind for when I'm at full clock on the steering wheel. I could add spacers, but that's just one more thing effecting the Jeeps driving, etc.

If you have the cash, go for it. It's overkill for a daily driver, but it sure is nice to have if you don't mind the extra body roll and (possible) looser steering feeling.
Thanks. I have a Sport and am just looking at convenience but don't want to lose road feel. I tow behind a motorhome too. Stability is better

Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I have a Sport and am just looking at convenience but don't want to lose road feel. I tow behind a motorhome too. Stability is better
I'd go for quick discos then... something like the Rancho kit, etc. In the event you have to swerve while towing, that factory firmness might come in handy, but I don't tow so it's just a wild guess.

I have the Rancho kit on stand by in case I decide to ditch the Currie system after further use, etc.

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Currie Antirock Sway bar last night on my 2018 JLU Sport S. Street driving feels the same so far. We will see what the trails this weekend brings.
Any advice on the setup to keep the street driving the same?

BSearle

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 UNLIMITED sport
Any advice on the setup to keep the street driving the same?
The street driving won’t be the same. These will give you a little bit more front movement when you get into the throttle and on turns. I love the feeling and prefer this on the road. It did take my wife a couple of trips to get used to it.

Brian_18JLUR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK, Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
The street driving won’t be the same. These will give you a little bit more front movement when you get into the throttle and on turns. I love the feeling and prefer this on the road. It did take my wife a couple of trips to get used to it.
So overall you like it- Feels good on the Hwy at 75ish, and on a windy day. And advice for arm lengths?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
So overall you like it- Feels good on the Hwy at 75ish, and on a windy day. And advice for arm lengths?
@BSearle is correct in that it's not exactly the same, but after a few trips (and this is all my point of view, etc., etc.) I felt that driving the Jeep with the Antirock was the same experience as before. That's what I meant by "it's the same". If I take a sharper turn at a moderate speed, then I can tell there is more body roll, but it still feels good (again to me) with the Jeep still holding it's grip like a champ with the extra flex/roll (not that I expect my Jeeps to be track vehicles).

To actually answer your reply though. :) No tips other than the usual take the install slow, double check everything and it'll be quite easy. It's easy to over torque some of the bolts if you're not paying attention, so taking it slow was key for me.

On the road at 75-80 it still feels sturdy, but I do keep in mind that I'm not running the stiffer stock swaybar if I have to make an emergency maneuver. For me, this means driving for the others around me and making sure I keep safe distances at all times. I do the same thing when i'm on my bike, so it's no big deal and I think it's a safer way to drive anyhow. I also don't like going more than 75-80 in the Jeep as it's a big ass brick with a high center of gravity. Most of the time I keep it at a relaxing 65-70 and enjoy the 21 mpg (3.45 gears w/33s and 6spd in 5th gear).

My Antirock is clocked a bit more at 19 to 20ish degrees with my Sport on 33s and the Mopar 2" lift. I believe the ideal angle was 15 degrees? But I have not seen it interfere with anything at flex, so it's been good. I think the main concern with the angles was making sure the arms don't go past vertical (i.e. flip around) on you during full flex. Someone correct me if i'm way off on that though...

Sponsored

kimk

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep Wrnagle Sport
I have heard that having a Curie Anti-rock sway bar only in the front can cause problems. I have a '18 JL Sport and I would like to add one to the front. Anyone know
of any issues that might cause?

BSearle

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 UNLIMITED sport
I have heard that having a Curie Anti-rock sway bar only in the front can cause problems. I have a '18 JL Sport and I would like to add one to the front. Anyone know
of any issues that might cause?
I’ve been running with this setup for over 18 months with no issues.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been running with this setup for over 18 months with no issues.
Same here, no issues for over a year now.

Did you have specific issues in mind that it might cause?

kimk

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep Wrnagle Sport
Same here, no issues for over a year now.

Did you have specific issues in mind that it might cause?
No, someone told me they heard of 'issues' but they couldn't elaborate
Sponsored