Sponsored

Anyone running AEV Salta XR wheels for JL?

cactusflier

First Name
Taun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JULR, 2006 R53
Occupation
Retired American Airlines Airbus Pilot
Do they stick out past the side of the fenders? Can you post a side picture? I am thinking about these wheels and 35's on my stock JL.
Sorry for the delay, didn't see this til tonight. The tires stick out about an inch. Tires are the stock 285/70 KO2's. I would think 35's would stick out another half inch. Hope this helps.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running AEV Salta XR wheels for JL? IMG_4087.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running AEV Salta XR wheels for JL? IMG_4084.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running AEV Salta XR wheels for JL? IMG_4085.JPG
Sponsored

JAC34

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Just came across this thread as I was researching the Salta XRs for my Sahara JL build.

Still not following this backspacing/offset concept. These were recommended to me by a shop that does mods but not sure why. He referenced the offset so I'm assuming the +25 was appealing to him for some reason.

I don't want my wheels to stick out too much, just not my style.

Any input as I'm also looking at the Fuel Anzas which have less offset, I believe either +1 or -6. And they come in 8.5" or 9". What's best decision if you don't want wheels sticking out?

OP
OP

TCOV

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392 Ext. Recon, 2018 JKUR Recon (sold)
Just came across this thread as I was researching the Salta XRs for my Sahara JL build.

Still not following this backspacing/offset concept. These were recommended to me by a shop that does mods but not sure why. He referenced the offset so I'm assuming the +25 was appealing to him for some reason.

I don't want my wheels to stick out too much, just not my style.

Any input as I'm also looking at the Fuel Anzas which have less offset, I believe either +1 or -6. And they come in 8.5" or 9". What's best decision if you don't want wheels sticking out?
the more positive offset the less poke. Stock is around +44 so the + 25 would be the best. There are pics in this thread showing the +25 offset.

Sponsored

cactusflier

First Name
Taun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JULR, 2006 R53
Occupation
Retired American Airlines Airbus Pilot
hows the ride with fox 2.0 and rub springs? any major difference
Not major but noticeable on pavement, seem to be a smoother, softer ride. Off road I don't think at the time I've had enough experience to say one way or the other.
Sponsored