Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
Here'a a DIY awning design that has many features of a batwing awning. It's easy to put up, take down, plus other awesome features...and it's inexpensive and easy to make. https://youtu.be/2lWxYPAzWjs
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone running a Awning? Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 4.09.26 PM

Last edited:

jeepkle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Anything like this work on the 2 door wrangler JL
You may have already found your answer or purchased an awning...
but I came across this youtube video and it looks like they do have 270° awnings for the 2 door JL!

Sponsored

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You may have already found your answer or purchased an awning...
but I came across this youtube video and it looks like they do have 270° awnings for the 2 door JL!

I'd run far away from the RR awnings. I had a 270 that snapped at the hinges even though the legs and awning corners were still staked down. The broken joints ripped through the fabric.

jeepkle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I'd run far away from the RR awnings. I had a 270 that snapped at the hinges even though the legs and awning corners were still staked down. The broken joints ripped through the fabric.
Thanks for sharing your experience. The compact size of the RR is great for the 2 door, but I did read some reviews questioning their stability. Your experience kind of rests that case in my mind. Do you have a new awning setup that you like?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
What about for soft top JL?

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing your experience. The compact size of the RR is great for the 2 door, but I did read some reviews questioning their stability. Your experience kind of rests that case in my mind. Do you have a new awning setup that you like?
I have an OVS 180° awning on my teardrop that has been through the ringer weather wise, and I can recommend them, but I'm not sure what's available for a smaller sized awning. Seems like most are around 6'6" when closed.

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What about for soft top JL?
You would need an external rack like the Gobi, LOD, or Metalcloak Adventure Rack to mount up an awning with a soft top
Sponsored