Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
May need 3.5-4 to clear 37s. My mopar gave me more than 3” of lift FYI
That's what i have seen on the Mopar 2 inch lift. everyone is getting 3 out of it. do you think it will settle and drop to the 2 inch in time ?

Georgehitch18

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 2500, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Gorge what size tires are those ? are those 37 13.50 ?
37/13.50R17
I think it drives excellent for stock suspension. I can tell I'm running a big tire but so far the Toyos are decently quiet and I still have great acceleration considering the weight of my rim/tire combo.

I'm running a set of 37x12.50's on my Ram and figured worst case I could swap them.

Lock to lock no rub even with the sway bar disconnected. I hitched up a 20' open trailer, that made them rub when hitting bumps.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
37/13.50R17
I think it drives excellent for stock suspension. I can tell I'm running a big tire but so far the Toyos are decently quiet and I still have great acceleration considering the weight of my rim/tire combo.

I'm running a set of 37x12.50's on my Ram and figured worst case I could swap them.

Lock to lock no rub even with the sway bar disconnected. I hitched up a 20' open trailer, that made them rub when hitting bumps.
George that really looks good. the picture from the rear showing how straight the front and rear tires are in line. so many people said on the JL when you start lifting it you'll get death wobble with big tires because it won't be in line with the front and rear tires. Lol that right there shows that's not true that's about as straight as you can get with the front rear tire being in line. Your picture right there has made me decide to go ahead and go with 37 1350 17 when I get my JL I'll take my chances it looks too good. You said on the highway is not very squirrely ? Two people told me this and I guess it could be true. That on the highway the semis put groves in the road and you can ride in the grove or outside the grove. Ok I do believe that but they said going with the 1350 it makes your tire ride on the outside of the group which makes the Jeep ride squirrely I don't know if I believe that you ain't said yours dries straight and someone else told me there's drives no problem on the highway. I could understand my truck was a diesal truck I had 40 1550 that's a heavy Super Duty with the diesel that I had so I had no problem I do understand a Jeep is lighter and it could be a little more wandering on the road cuz it's not as heavy as a truck but people talk to you like you are saying it's okay it's not that bad. Would you do it again or would you go at 12:50 s knowing what you know now and the way it drives ? And I'm debating I'm in stuck in the Middle. I've been a Toyo MT open country person since they ever came out.
Those Toyo Mt Open Country look so good I know they will last a long time and they are heavy tire but everyone's trying to convince me to go with the Cooper stt Pro. As you know you see on the forum running them. There about 10 pounds lighter in the 37 13.50 17 and considering it to E Tire versus a D it will be a stiffer ride then the D. You can air down to about 32 psi I was told. Did you air down also did that made a difference then it or is it still stiff ride ? Sorry about all the questions I just want to make the right decision when I'm going to spend about $1,800 on tires. I can't afford to make a mistake and turn around and buy another set 10.000 miles later. sorry about the long post

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
George that really looks good. the picture from the rear showing how straight the front and rear tires are in line. so many people said on the JL when you start lifting it you'll get death wobble with big tires because it won't be in line with the front and rear tires. Lol that right there shows that's not true that's about as straight as you can get with the front rear tire being in line. Your picture right there has made me decide to go ahead and go with 37 1350 17 when I get my JL I'll take my chances it looks too good. You said on the highway is not very squirrely ? Two people told me this and I guess it could be true. That on the highway the semis put groves in the road and you can ride in the grove or outside the grove. Ok I do believe that but they said going with the 1350 it makes your tire ride on the outside of the group which makes the Jeep ride squirrely I don't know if I believe that you ain't said yours dries straight and someone else told me there's drives no problem on the highway. I could understand my truck was a diesal truck I had 40 1550 that's a heavy Super Duty with the diesel that I had so I had no problem I do understand a Jeep is lighter and it could be a little more wandering on the road cuz it's not as heavy as a truck but people talk to you like you are saying it's okay it's not that bad. Would you do it again or would you go at 12:50 s knowing what you know now and the way it drives ? And I'm debating I'm in stuck in the Middle. I've been a Toyo MT open country person since they ever came out.
Those Toyo Mt Open Country look so good I know they will last a long time and they are heavy tire but everyone's trying to convince me to go with the Cooper stt Pro. As you know you see on the forum running them. There about 10 pounds lighter in the 37 13.50 17 and considering it to E Tire versus a D it will be a stiffer ride then the D. You can air down to about 32 psi I was told. Did you air down also did that made a difference then it or is it still stiff ride ? Sorry about all the questions I just want to make the right decision when I'm going to spend about $1,800 on tires. I can't afford to make a mistake and turn around and buy another set 10.000 miles later. sorry about the long post
George one last question LOL seriously though what spacer lift are you running you said it was stock suspension what spacer lift do you have ?

Sponsored

Georgehitch18

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 2500, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
George one last question LOL seriously though what spacer lift are you running you said it was stock suspension what spacer lift do you have ?
I intended to go with a 12.50 but they were out of stock and I have a set of 12.50’s with 3k on my Cummins. Worst case I would of swapped but after driving the Jeep I felt no need rock do so. It drives much better than a JK. No signs of death wobble and no complaints from her. Coopers are okay but I’m a Toyo Guy. This Jeep is bone stock other than wheels and tires, no lift and no spacers. I have a RK 2.5 X factor lift and RK shocks on order. But as of right now she’s just rolling on a fat set of wheels and tires

bjlamour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1974 CJ5
Finally got my Jeep delivered and started my changes.
Mopar lift, Fuel Enduro 17x9 (-12 offset), Cooper 37x12.50 STT Pro

Jeep definitely drives better with the big tires to me. Haven't flexed yet to see where she rubs. Hopefully finding out this weekend.

20180516_141607.jpg

20180516_173931.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Finally got my Jeep delivered and started my changes.
Mopar lift, Fuel Enduro 17x9 (-12 offset), Cooper 37x12.50 STT Pro

Jeep definitely drives better with the big tires to me. Haven't flexed yet to see where she rubs. Hopefully finding out this weekend.

20180516_141607.jpg

20180516_173931.jpg
I wondered how much room there was with 37s and the Mopar lift with a standard 7 foot garage door. looks like there's plenty. Jeep looks really good. I'll be going with the Mopar lift and in less Teraflex has theirs out by then and I'll look at it and see how much it cost. I'm not going to spend more than 1,500 though are those Cooper stt pretty quiet everyone says they are ?

bjlamour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1974 CJ5
I wondered how much room there was with 37s and the Mopar lift with a standard 7 foot garage door. looks like there's plenty. Jeep looks really good. I'll be going with the Mopar lift and in less Teraflex has theirs out by then and I'll look at it and see how much it cost. I'm not going to spend more than 1,500 though are those Cooper stt pretty quiet everyone says they are ?
Have about 6" to spare on the garage door with this setup. Mopar lift is pretty overpriced but I just didn't want to deal with any warranty issues on a new model year vehicle and it will be fine for the wheeling I do.

They're definitely quieter than most M/T. At the end of the day it's still a mud tire and makes decent noise.
Off road performance with these is impeccable though. Check out some of the [Banned Site] videos after they started running these. You can easily see the difference in grip compared to the MTRs the rest of the group runs. Some of the JL Moab videos show it REALLY well. Countless times the Coopers would crawl up something and the JK with (fairly worn) MTRs had to really work it to get the grip.

Should also mention in the parking lot picture I have 5 fully mounted tires (4 33s and one 37) in the back of the Jeep so it was sagging a smidge.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes his videos are pretty good. He's lucky because he got so popular doing his videos on YouTube a lot of companies send him free stuff be nice to get free stuff wouldn't it LOL

Sponsored

bjlamour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1974 CJ5
Yes his videos are pretty good. He's lucky because he got so popular doing his videos on YouTube a lot of companies send him free stuff be nice to get free stuff wouldn't it LOL
Heck yes it would be. . .

You can definitely tell sometimes when they're plugging stuff just to plug.

The proof is in the pudding with the Cooper's though. Can easily see how much better they grip. Typically with grip comes wear though. So I suppose that's definitely something to watch out for.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Heck yes it would be. . .

You can definitely tell sometimes when they're plugging stuff just to plug.

The proof is in the pudding with the Cooper's though. Can easily see how much better they grip. Typically with grip comes wear though. So I suppose that's definitely something to watch out for.
I know so many people are now running with the cooper stt pro. I just have never run with a cooper tire before.I have always used toyos for about 20 yrs and dont know if its worth jumping over to them or not.I would like to know how they are 10 lbs lighter then the toyo in the same 37 12.50 17 without it being less rubber or steel belts

bjlamour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 1974 CJ5
I know so many people are now running with the cooper stt pro. I just have never run with a cooper tire before.I have always used toyos for about 20 yrs and dont know if its worth jumping over to them or not.I would like to know how they are 10 lbs lighter then the toyo in the same 37 12.50 17 without it being less rubber or steel belts
I'm not sure. Haven't really looked at the internal constructions. I will say the Coopers are significantly softer. So a less dense rubber composition is typically used to achieve that. Density difference multiplied by the overall volume of rubber could very well equal 10lbs on a 37in MT.

Might get more wear that way but it's not an issue for me. Mine sits in the garage unless we're going on a run.
That Rubi definitely out performed every other jeep this weekend. Had one obstacle on the trail that was quite the challenge. 15/20 jeeps had to be winched up. 3/5 that made it used lockers, wheelspin, and momentum. My Rubi and my buddies TJ rocking Coopers and full lock just creeped right up. It was super nice to watch everybody's jaws drop after talking playful trash all day about my fancy JL. hahahaha Already got her some Arizona pinstriping.

20180519_182803.jpg
Sponsored