Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Hi. Scottsdale AZ.
LOL. I meant where were you making contact coming down the steps on the underside of your Jeep.
Sponsored

AppleJacks23

First Name
A.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Human Resources
Vehicle Showcase
We are close by, have been wanting to hit Hot Springs. Will keep you in mind.
Good deal. If you're in DFW, the North Texas Jeep Club (NTJC) is extremely active

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
I'm currently running 35's on my stock JLUR. Back in August we went to Ouray and did several trails which resulted in two of the four fenders popping off at full stuff 4-5 times. It made an easy sell to my wife for a lift. 😁

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Does anyone have photos of 35’s on a stock 2-door Rubicon?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mikejr

mikejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JKURD, 2021 4RTRDORP
I'm currently running 35's on my stock JLUR. Back in August we went to Ouray and did several trails which resulted in two of the four fenders popping off at full stuff 4-5 times. It made an easy sell to my wife for a lift. 😁
Yeah... this is my hang up. It seems to be "common knowledge" that 35s fit no problem, and then I read anecdotes like this. I was hoping the extra 1in lift in the diesel would mitigate it - but it's looking like I'll need to find out for myself this weekend.

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Yeah... this is my hang up. It seems to be "common knowledge" that 35s fit no problem, and then I read anecdotes like this. I was hoping the extra 1in lift in the diesel would mitigate it - but it's looking like I'll need to find out for myself this weekend.
Sorry to burst your bubble... I was hoping the same thing but kept reading posts saying you could and couldn't. I've ran the same trails numerous times in my JKUR with a 2.5 inch lift so when I took my JLUR I knew where to go and what trails would flex it with 35's. Good luck in your quest!

Willys53

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 Willys CJ3A, all original, 1953 Willys CJ3B with V8 and mods , 2021 JLUR Diesel
35 " with 3/4" spacer up front to compensate for winch/ bumper. I had the slightest rub on the rear at max flex so I added a bumpstop spacer.

Willys53

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 Willys CJ3A, all original, 1953 Willys CJ3B with V8 and mods , 2021 JLUR Diesel

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
It all depends on what you are doing. You can run 35s on the road without a problem.

If you are going off road it will depend on the type of trail. Even with a lift and 35s you can experience rubbing if you flex enough. This is the reason why some people get after market fender flares or fender chops. These increase the distance between the tires and the fenders.

One size does not fit all. You need to determine how you want to use your Jeep and modify it accordingly.

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I've read a few places that the JLURD has a little more lift than a stock Rubi - is anyone running 35s on stock wheels/suspension and if so is there any rubbing?
Yes, you can run 315/70/17 on stock rims. I also ran 37’s on my stock rims for some time even airing down had no problems

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
with stock wheels you will have rub at full lock, i run AEV pintlers so i didnt have that, but 35" was no problem on my stock Sahara, just a bit of rub at full flex offroad.
Sponsored