Sponsored

Anyone replace the factory front track bar with after-market on Rubicon with stock suspension?

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
  • Banned
Anyone replace the factory front track bar with after-market on Rubicon with stock suspension?

Specifically a 2 door. I am curious to what the result was, as I know the stock one is not very stout and flexes more than a quality solid after market track bar. I would assume it would tighten up the front end some, and help with some body roll.

I am contemplating upgrading the factory front and possibly rear track bars. I am not sure the benefit on stock suspension would be worth the expense. Your feedback would be beneficial.
Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Might be all in my head but I installed SteerSmart steering box/sector shaft on my stock 2dr Rubi and noticed a difference. Just felt way more solid. I also had to adjust the drag link to straighten the steering wheel out. I think that was due to getting rid of the flex.

I have since installed MetalCloak lift and track bars. Steering feels the same, solid.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Specifically a 2 door. I am curious to what the result was, as I know the stock one is not very stout and flexes more than a quality solid after market track bar. I would assume it would tighten up the front end some, and help with some body roll.

I am contemplating upgrading the factory front and possibly rear track bars. I am not sure the benefit on stock suspension would be worth the expense. Your feedback would be beneficial.
Just make sure that whichever track bar you get adjusts short enough( match oem length) if your not lifting it. I can’t remember which one I had trouble with, I’ve done so many in the last 4 years……:facepalm:.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I run an adjustable out back because of the Synergy +1” springs and the load we carry for trips. The adjustability allows me to recenter the axle under load.

If it wasn’t for that, I’d keep the stock one to allow a little, forgiving, flex. The more the track bar doesn’t flex, the more that flex is transferred to the mounts. Then, ideally, you’d need to strengthen the mounts. In the light of new JL’s having had issues and the possibility of perfectly fine mounts turning into cracked mounts, I’ll run the stock track bar up front as long as possible.That’s my 2¢.

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
  • Banned
I run an adjustable out back because of the Synergy +1” springs and the load we carry for trips. The adjustability allows me to recenter the axle under load.

If it wasn’t for that, I’d keep the stock one to allow a little, forgiving, flex. The more the track bar doesn’t flex, the more that flex is transferred to the mounts. Then, ideally, you’d need to strengthen the mounts. In the light of new JL’s having had issues and the possibility of perfectly fine mounts turning into cracked mounts, I’ll run the stock track bar up front as long as possible.That’s my 2¢.
Great insight and makes sense. Thanks!
Sponsored