Sponsored

Anyone replace the bulky electric sway bar disco with a manual setup?

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I've got a Genright Ultra Clearance bumper and was able to flip the electric one up. I had to notch out a few spots on the winch mount, but it really wasn't that bad. A member on here did it before I did and he sent me some pics. I may eventually do the Evo manual setup since I run down dirt roads faster than the 28mph the Tazer allows me to disconnected and it reconnects the swaybar.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a Genright Ultra Clearance bumper and was able to flip the electric one up. I had to notch out a few spots on the winch mount, but it really wasn't that bad. A member on here did it before I did and he sent me some pics. I may eventually do the Evo manual setup since I run down dirt roads faster than the 28mph the Tazer allows me to disconnected and it reconnects the swaybar.
If you do swaykill on tazer and remap the sway bar switch to the resume switch you will stay unhooked no matter what speed, stays disconnected until you hit switch again.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Hijack apologies; What happened to your rear bumper that caused you to trash it?

Thank you.
Following ....

Sourdoug is not a fan of single post swing away tire carriers... I have been lucky with mine from EAG... however I reinforced mine .. it is actually carrying a 40 inch tire with beadlocks... quite heavy at 139 pounds...

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
If you do swaykill on tazer and remap the sway bar switch to the resume switch you will stay unhooked no matter what speed, stays disconnected until you hit switch again.
Could you provide more details on this? What is a resume switch, and what would the operation of the disconnect be in this configuration?

Not sure I'm following.

OP
OP
Jeepnutz

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Good to hear. Do you recall how heavy the Genright steel winch mount and aluminum bumper were?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepnutz

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very interesting. I will have to check that out on my dads Tazer.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Could you provide more details on this? What is a resume switch, and what would the operation of the disconnect be in this configuration?

Not sure I'm following.
Yeah......the tazer allows you to remap some buttons for quick access. I use the resume button for my sway bar disco. It’s awesome, will stay disconnected no matter how fast you go.

Here’s from user guide.......

Button Remap: This function allows
the assignment of “hotkeys” for
quick access to some of the Tazer’s functions. The cruise +/-/RES may be used for this function. While the dash
is in Audio mode, press and hold the RIGHT arrow and press the button you’d like to remap. The choices are: 12

Any of the 8 light shows backup cameras
Line Lock
Rock Crawl
TC Kill
Cooldown Front/Rear/Front+Rear Lockers SwayKill
Keep in mind that not all functions pertain to all vehicles. These remap buttons will only program and operate while Cruise Control is OFF. When
Cruise is on, they will operate as normal cruise control buttons. For TC Kill, a vehicle restart is required to bring the system back to normal. For Lockers, the normal Locker off button disengages the lockers.
• Partial Reboot: Press left arrow and cruise RES with the ignition set to RUN and engine is not running, and the Tazer will reset several systems including the PCM (engine adaptives), RF Hub, Instrument cluster, ABS, BCM.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Yeah......the tazer allows you to remap some buttons for quick access. I use the resume button for my sway bar disco. It’s awesome, will stay disconnected no matter how fast you go.

quick access to some of the Tazer’s functions. The cruise +/-/RES may be used for this function. While the dash
is in Audio mode, press and hold the RIGHT arrow and press the button you’d like to remap. The choices are: 12

Line Lock
Rock Crawl
TC Kill
Keep in mind that not all functions pertain to all vehicles. These remap buttons will only program and operate while Cruise Control is OFF. When
Cruise is on, they will operate as normal cruise control buttons. For TC Kill, a vehicle restart is required to bring the system back to normal. For Lockers, the normal Locker off button disengages the lockers.
• Partial Reboot: Press left arrow and cruise RES with the ignition set to RUN and engine is not running, and the Tazer will reset several systems including the PCM (engine adaptives), RF Hub, Instrument cluster, ABS, BCM.
Gotcha, thanks for the explanation! Do you know if the swaybar can be disconnected while still moving using this method? Or do you have to be completely stopped?

OP
OP
Jeepnutz

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hijack apologies; What happened to your rear bumper that caused you to trash it?

Thank you.
The weight of the 37" Toyo on the carrier was causing the bumper to sag so bad that the spare was six inches away from the tailgate bump stops. My wife could push on the spare and flex the entire bumper. Was crazy how bad the bumper twisted with the carrier open and you had to lift up on the spare about 2 1/2 inches to get it to latch. Just a piss poor design.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha, thanks for the explanation! Do you know if the swaybar can be disconnected while still moving using this method? Or do you have to be completely stopped?
You have to stopped to disconnect but it’ll reconnect while moving. I just do it as soon as I get to the trail head, then reconnect while airing up or just before pavement.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepnutz

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Line Lock
Rock Crawl
TC Kill
Wonder if you can still use the offroad cruise control?

OP
OP
Jeepnutz

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)