Sponsored

Anyone Replace Door Wire Connectors Yet?

sknyfats

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Willys 2 Door
I’ve seen many threads about people getting bent pins after taking doors off and putting them back on and connecting the wiring connectors. Causes power door locks & mirrors not to work and other things sometimes.

Upgraded my sound system this weekend and getting the driver side power locks and mirror are what took me the longest because pins kept getting bent when I tried to wrap up the install and button the Jeep back up.

I’ve seen people “think” about replacing the connectors - but has anyone done it yet with either weatherpack or cannon connectors or something else?

if not, I may give it a shot since I doubt FCA will be replacing them with something more reliable. Thought about waiting until warranty was up - but that’s way too many door on/off cycles away for me.
Working on the door side of the wiring should be fine. The car side - does anyone know how hard it is to disconnect that side of the harness? I haven’t looked or tried yet...don’t want to have to work on it while it’s still attached to the car!
Sponsored

lzaffuto

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2 door Sport S Sarge Green
Seems like there is an aftermarket opportunity here for a better designed connector. Could be as simple as two pieces, one to plug into each side of the factory connector so that you don't have to replace the entire factory harness. Could be made both easier to plug and unplug and more reliable/durable.

OP
OP
sknyfats

sknyfats

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Willys 2 Door
Seems like there is an aftermarket opportunity here for a better designed connector. Could be as simple as two pieces, one to plug into each side of the factory connector so that you don't have to replace the entire factory harness. Could be made both easier to plug and unplug and more reliable/durable.
That is a great conceptual idea; I'd be concerned with the size though & ensuring it all fit in that little cover space.
I also only have a 2 door JL (4 door JK as well, but irrelevant) - I'm curious if the issue affects the rear doors at all or are those plugs fine?
Sponsored