Sponsored

Anyone remove the one touch power retractable roof?

Joe jl

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara jl
Anyone remove the retractable roof? I have soft top and just bought another jl but due to “chip shortage” I’m settled on retractable. And want to switch for soft top in summer?
Sponsored

Xenolith

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sport S, 6MT, 2024 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired Geology Professor
When the JL was released I read that while yes, you can remove the retractable hard top it was suggested it not be removed because of the difficulty of replacing the top and getting everything aligned properly so the top worked properly.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
When the JL was released I read that while yes, you can remove the retractable hard top it was suggested it not be removed because of the difficulty of replacing the top and getting everything aligned properly so the top worked properly.
This is a myth, I have removed and replaced a SOT on two different Jeeps three times. There is no "alignment", it just bolts on. @Joe jl , this can be done but you will be missing the targa panel latch brackets and the header panel on the SOT Jeeps doesn't have the cutout for the bracket.

PM me if you have questions.
Gregj
eta at about 3:43 in the video posted above you can see the lack of cutout for the targa bracket
Sponsored