Sponsored

Anyone relocate the control box of X20 winch with Mopar Steel bumper?

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Curious if anyone has relocated the control box of their Smittybilt XRC X20 with the OEM Steel bumper?

I just don't want the protrusion sticking up. I did a hidden winch on my WJ and loved how clean it was. I had to relocate the control box on that XRC winch and feel confident I could do the same. Just looking for ideas or examples.

Also, thinking about the JCR or Rusty's winch plate. Anyone have thoughts on those two?
Sponsored

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Didn’t hide mine. It’s mounted on top. That’s all you see but it is a tight fit to the grill. I’m using the JCR plate. Easy to install, heavy duty and good coating. Also using the JCR skid and bull bar. All great quality and bolted right up easy.

OP
OP
Moregone

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
It does look good. It's really not a large control box but it would just look clean with it hidden.

Glad to know the JCR plate works with the X20

Sponsored

Shepherd12

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR HellaYella m/t
Occupation
Something about cryogenics
Looks good. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see where that bracket came from that you used
It’s used to support a “beauty cover” on the 3.6l engine. If you have that engine, the bracket is already installed where it needs to be (after some light modification)
Sponsored