Sponsored

Anyone regret installing Rubicon suspension on Sport?

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
lol, I still have my old shocks and springs in the house, not sure what to do with em. I don't know if they're any different than what you'd get on a sport.
Lol I was simply curious. I know both my rear shocks leaked back in January with that extreme cold. The shocks the dealer replaced them with looked a little different. The original were silver. The replacements are black.

IMG_20190627_082806120.jpg
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I was simply curious. I know both my rear shocks leaked back in January with that extreme cold. The shocks the dealer replaced them with looked a little different. The original were silver. The replacements are black.

IMG_20190627_082806120.jpg
The ones off of mine are black, and the ones off of the Sport S we did at the same time were black as well. Your two door might have different ones than both of our 4 doors though. I'm not sure.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
The ones off of mine are black, and the ones off of the Sport S we did at the same time were black as well. Your two door might have different ones than both of our 4 doors though. I'm not sure.
Lol never even thought about the difference between the 2 & 4 doors :like: I honestly can't tell a difference in the ride. I was simply curious:)

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Lol never even thought about the difference between the 2 & 4 doors :like: I honestly can't tell a difference in the ride. I was simply curious:)
Well between my original and the new the ride difference is not much. There are a few patches of bad road where it seems a little bouncier but I kind of expected that.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

no regrets at all swapping my sport to rubi take offs. ride quality is better and its handles even better off road. best 150 bucks ive spent..... plus the rubi wheels and tires. love those wild peak MTs

adrian2310

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl wrangler sport s
Got the rubi take offs on my 2018 sport for 150 when the jeep had about 3k miles, so far it has 14k and no issues, I also have rubi wheels, tires and front bumper added, it looks good and drives better than stock. no regrets. One recommendation, if you ever have a suspension or drive train issue keep the oem's that you removed and put them back on for warranty purposes, you can get warranty voided on all parts affected by suspension not on the whole vehicle, it will also depend on the dealer you go to. Any dealer can deny repairs under warranty if the affected part is not the oem that was design for that specific model and can claim that the failure is due to that part. I recently had the whole engine replaced on my jeep and they didn't say or mention anything on the rubi take offs I have on mine. Replacing springs and shocks will take you about a couple hours, really easy with the right tools.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
I’m inclined to do it, but I don’t want to mess up a good thing. My Sport handles impeccably, and tracks like a train.

I have two concerns:

1. Warranty. If I have front suspension problems down the road, could this swap negate or complicate warranty?

2. While I’d like the 1.5” lift, better shocks, and greater load capacity without sagging, I don’t want to introduce handling issues.

Thoughts? And especially, experience from those who have made the swap?

Thanks.

Edit: Moderators, I know where this thread belongs. I just hope you will leave it up here for a bit. It isn’t a hardcore suspension thread, and will get much more exposure to the people whose experience I seek here. TIA. Joe
Ive had mine on a sport for a year...cant really tell any difference...if you held a gun to my head to force me to tell the difference, i say MAYBE a TAD stiffer......but not enough to tell the world about it :P

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Ive had mine on a sport for a year...cant really tell any difference...if you held a gun to my head to force me to tell the difference, i say MAYBE a TAD stiffer......but not enough to tell the world about it :P
I may upgrade mine later to Rancho. They were good on my TJ. But, the stock ride is still very good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
brazos

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I may upgrade mine later to Rancho. They were good on my TJ. But, the stock ride is still very good.
I had good experience with Rancho 9000s with my Duallys, sometimes carrying a 3000# camper, sometimes not.

The adjustability was useful. Not sure it would be with the Jeep though.

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
I have had mine on now for about 1200 or so miles, I also installed the MOPAR 2" Lift Lower Control Arms. I am running E load rated tires and the Rubicon suspension has helped smooth out some of the stiffness of the tires. I can still blast down the highway at 85 and it tracks as well as my Honda Accord. I have had limited use Off Road but seems to work well!!

ozzysjeep

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange 2018 2dr JL
I will be installing a complete rubi suspension on my 18 Sport S in the next couple of weeks. I already have the BFG 285s on my stock wheels. I'm wondering if I need to install wheel spacers with this set up. Have any of you that have swapped in the Rubi suspension, added wheel spacers to prevent rubbing?

nibeckd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I will be installing a complete rubi suspension on my 18 Sport S in the next couple of weeks. I already have the BFG 285s on my stock wheels. I'm wondering if I need to install wheel spacers with this set up. Have any of you that have swapped in the Rubi suspension, added wheel spacers to prevent rubbing?
I have 285/75 on stock rims. I get a very minimal amount of rub at full right turn. But, I can stuff the tires in the wheel flares. So I personally would not install spacers.

IMG-20190622-162706.jpg

online die roller

Supercharged

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Pontiac G8 GT, GMC Acadia
I've had Rubicon suspension and wheels/tires on my S for about a year now. It looks great, still rides perfect (I had the same concerns). The only real tell is the red shocks but I think most shops wouldn't even realize it. I say go for it and enjoy! Here is a before and after with the suspension installed.

IMG_20180930_185859.jpg
Sponsored