Sponsored

Anyone regret installing Rubicon suspension on Sport?

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I’m inclined to do it, but I don’t want to mess up a good thing. My Sport handles impeccably, and tracks like a train.

I have two concerns:

1. Warranty. If I have front suspension problems down the road, could this swap negate or complicate warranty?

2. While I’d like the 1.5” lift, better shocks, and greater load capacity without sagging, I don’t want to introduce handling issues.

Thoughts? And especially, experience from those who have made the swap?

Thanks.

Edit: Moderators, I know where this thread belongs. I just hope you will leave it up here for a bit. It isn’t a hardcore suspension thread, and will get much more exposure to the people whose experience I seek here. TIA. Joe
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re putting rubicon suspension on your sport then your sport will ride like the rubicon. If you can test drive one or have a friend that has one you can drive before you do it , might help you. Only going up 1-1/2” won’t change your geometry. As for warranty, you can always ask your dealer about it before you do anything. Now all that said, just so happens I have my take off suspension for sale....:)

Garweft

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
I’d regret spending too much on other peoples throw away stuff. But if the price is reasonable, and you just want a slight lift without spacers, why not. Just make sure to get something off a 4dr hardtop with packages like tow and metal bumpers. If you get rubi stuff off a 2dr softtop don’t expect it to lift a 4dr hardtop sport very much.

OP
OP
brazos

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Won’t be spending much. My kind friend @walweb is going to let me help him install it, and all for $200.

I’m looking forward to the learning experience more than the lift, truth be told.

Just don’t want to mess up a good thing.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Won’t be spending much. My kind friend @walweb is going to let me help him install it, and all for $200.

I’m looking forward to the learning experience more than the lift, truth be told.

Just don’t want to mess up a good thing.
Great thing about Jeeps. bolt on bolt off, easy peasy, if you don’t like it, can always switch back.

Sponsored

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like your getting a good deal. I put jlur springs and shocks on my 2dr sport

Lifted it about 1.5” or a little more. I paid 200 also

Rides better than stock I think with the 35s, little stiffer and the rubi shocks are a little longer so a little more travel.

Id say the only regret would be spending to much money on it because now i am saving up for a Rock Krawler lift and new shocks to get a real suspension under me. But for the time being it has worked great

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i paid $200 iirc for some very clean, low miles take off springs/shocks. installed it myself. it was easy. im super happy with it. my wife said she noticed the difference in ride quality immediately. she said rubi is better.

i dont know if ill ever got with a real lift kit so this definitely works for now/for a while. i thought about adding a spacer as well.

if i end up going with a lift kit later, i can always resell it for $100. and if not, i'd feel i got my $200 worth.

i'm not too worried about warranty. an engine, computer or trans issue would not have them concerned with rubi springs. now a tazer id be worried..

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I bet 19 out of 20 people wouldn't even notice the difference if you snuck in at night at swapped their Sport suspension to a Rubicons. Theres very little difference in how it rides.

Warranty? You're probably SOL because dealers are toilet scum.

Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I'd be surprised about any warranty issues. I'd bet the dealer wouldn't even have a clue you changed stock parts with other stock parts
Yeah this as most of them don’t even know how to put 5 quarts of oil inside instead of 6..lol.. seriously you think they will even notice the Rubicon suspension not a chance! But even at that who cares the only thing they could void for warranty would actually be the Rubicon suspension that you put on right so again who cares if it fails you will change it later if you have to. Enjoy the ride the Rubicon suspension is a great upgrade on a sport. Good luck and enjoy!

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
1) I never had any issues with warranty, I took my vehicle in for warranty several times after suspension upgrade and not a single person has mentioned anything about my suspension, it still says Mopar on it, with Mopar part numbers, most techs will never even notice you've done anything to the suspension at all.

2) While I've done some tinkering and upgrades here and there, I have to say at this point I'm even more satisfied with how my JL rides and steers than before(stock).

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Not one regret at all. Added Mopar lift lca’s and think it rides & handles better than stock. Also, never questioned when had warranty work done ( steering damper - which was bad prior to Rubi install).

ozzysjeep

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange 2018 2dr JL
If you’re putting rubicon suspension on your sport then your sport will ride like the rubicon. If you can test drive one or have a friend that has one you can drive before you do it , might help you. Only going up 1-1/2” won’t change your geometry. As for warranty, you can always ask your dealer about it before you do anything. Now all that said, just so happens I have my take off suspension for sale....:)
If he isn't interested, I'm in Venice FL and would be very interested in your Rubi suspension.

OP
OP
brazos

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
If he isn't interested, I'm in Venice FL and would be very interested in your Rubi suspension.
Go for it! I’m way out west.
Sponsored