Sponsored

Anyone regret installing Rubicon suspension on Sport?

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I love how mine rides. I also have the longer LCA's. With 35s, running around 32psi.
It'll probably stay like this, suspension wise.
That Blue line-x topcoat looks badass!
Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
I would regret it, if I had a sport.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I know this has already been said many times before in this thread, but I have ZERO regrets and this was the perfect suspension modification for my needs.

Also, this has no impact on warranty service at my dealership.

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
4 door hardtop towing pack rubicon springs on a 2 door are a great mod. The rubicon shocks are fairly low grade and on my list to upgrade to Bilsteins likely. The combo works well. I bought 3/4” spacers to add in when the snow thaws. With steel bumpers and 2 adults and 2 kids, it sags a bit in the back.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Resurrecting this topic after a year. How is everyone's Rubi swap going? I'm planning on doing the swap with my 2020 Willys Unlimited. Any regrets? Any suggestions? I was planning on just the Rubi Coils? Would you suggest the Mopar Lift 1/4 inch longer LCA's?

Anything else you did that may have improved the ride? Thanks...
I have the 4-door springs on my 2-door Sport. I have about 3K miles on the setup since the summer and honestly could not be happier. It's great over rail crossings and potholes, and it works well off-road for the trails I do (greens because I have to drive it home and the closest legal wheeling is 2-3 hours away LOL). I did not swap the LCAs but I know other members have and were very happy with the results.

Not sure if anyone else is having issues with their swap but it seems like im constantly hearing new sounds coming from my rubicon suspension.(This is my 4th wrangler, I know it makes noise) But I'm not sure if it was the person who installed it or what, but all 4 springs have shifted and are not seated correctly, plus there is a lot more noise coming from my front end when I hit bumps now than it did before.
If everything is shifting, they did not install the springs correctly - either bring it back to that shop, or have someone else look at it. When my son and I installed the Rubi springs on my Sport, we made sure to line everything up so the springs were locked into the pads like they are supposed to. I have 3K miles on it since install including one trip off-road, and it's just as quiet as before. Good luck!

Sponsored

MudHorn4xforLife

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler 80th Anniversary Edition
I'd be surprised about any warranty issues. I'd bet the dealer wouldn't even have a clue you changed stock parts with other stock parts
The only time your warranty will be questioned is if it is a suspension issue your trying to get fixed under warranty.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Rubicon suspension and 1/2" spacers on my 2019 Sport "S" Unlimited and I can tell you it is an awesome upgrade. Ride is the same and handling and tracking improved greatly. I also have the Rubi tires and wheels upgrade with the Falken M/T tires. The springs and spacers provided about 2" of lift, maybe 35's when these tires wear out.

IMG_0098.JPG
you still running this set up?

mnforester

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sport Altitude
l liked the Sport suspension a lot too but wanted a little more lift than the 1/2" spacer I had in. The Rubi setup got me almost 2" and the ride and handling are even better, a little firmer but in a good way if that makes sense. I dont think youll regret it but like others said you can always swap back
I know this is an old thread, but did you keep the 1/2 inch spacer and add the Rubicon suspension OR only had Rubicon suspension to get the 2 inches of lift? Thanks for your thoughts.

mnforester

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Sport Altitude
Here is an updated pic of mine with the doors back on. Got her all shined back up after a messy 4th of July.

After 1k miles I’m still happy with it. The ride is still a bit stiffer but for what I wanted for now I’m still pleased with it.

81863D51-0972-40AE-849B-94F2D4661807.jpeg

B07C890C-A685-4192-94B6-ED1400AE76CE.jpeg
Sorry for asking on this old post, but I really like how your Wrangler looks after adding the Rubicon suspension. Did you add a spacer as well or just the Rubicon springs and shocks?

Sponsored

5Petes

First Name
Rustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU in Punkn
Sorry for asking on this old post, but I really like how your Wrangler looks after adding the Rubicon suspension. Did you add a spacer as well or just the Rubicon springs and shocks?
That was a temp setup for me until I lifted it with a full system. However I liked that for what it was and it was only the rubicon springs and shocks. No spacers or anything added. Handled really good on and off road regardless of speed.

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
I know this is an old thread, but did you keep the 1/2 inch spacer and add the Rubicon suspension OR only had Rubicon suspension to get the 2 inches of lift? Thanks for your thoughts.
I took the spacers out and had only the Rubicon suspension.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Rubi suspension on mine with 2.5 inch spacers. Don't regret it one bit.

6.2Blazer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I know the OP is really old, but just adding in my experience. This summer installed Rubicon springs and shocks on an '19 Sport along with Rubicon tires and wheels on a buddy's rig he had just bought. I was really new to JL's at the time and it mainly needed the worn out stock tires replaced so found these. Heard about the Rubi suspension and grabbed one prior to knowing all the details on spring numbers and such. Think the front springs are only 1 part number higher, and the rear a couple part numbers higher. Did not take real good measurements but it definitely lifted it at least 1"-1.5" in regards to suspension, not including the height from the tires. Looks WAY better for a relatively "cheap" upgrade and the only thing I notice was the increased tire noise from the MT tires versus stock street tires.
Took me about 2 hours to install everything at home.....I consider myself an above average home mechanic with power tools and have spent a lot time working on 4wd vehicles over the years (I have a fully customized off-road rig with 1 ton axles, 40's, lockers, etc....along with 2 other lifted rigs in my garage).

IMG_0150.JPG
Sponsored