Anyone regret installing Rubicon suspension on Sport?

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
I would regret it, if I had a sport.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I know this has already been said many times before in this thread, but I have ZERO regrets and this was the perfect suspension modification for my needs.

Also, this has no impact on warranty service at my dealership.

Bikemobile

First Name
Zak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
4 door hardtop towing pack rubicon springs on a 2 door are a great mod. The rubicon shocks are fairly low grade and on my list to upgrade to Bilsteins likely. The combo works well. I bought 3/4” spacers to add in when the snow thaws. With steel bumpers and 2 adults and 2 kids, it sags a bit in the back.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Resurrecting this topic after a year. How is everyone's Rubi swap going? I'm planning on doing the swap with my 2020 Willys Unlimited. Any regrets? Any suggestions? I was planning on just the Rubi Coils? Would you suggest the Mopar Lift 1/4 inch longer LCA's?

Anything else you did that may have improved the ride? Thanks...
I have the 4-door springs on my 2-door Sport. I have about 3K miles on the setup since the summer and honestly could not be happier. It's great over rail crossings and potholes, and it works well off-road for the trails I do (greens because I have to drive it home and the closest legal wheeling is 2-3 hours away LOL). I did not swap the LCAs but I know other members have and were very happy with the results.

Not sure if anyone else is having issues with their swap but it seems like im constantly hearing new sounds coming from my rubicon suspension.(This is my 4th wrangler, I know it makes noise) But I'm not sure if it was the person who installed it or what, but all 4 springs have shifted and are not seated correctly, plus there is a lot more noise coming from my front end when I hit bumps now than it did before.
If everything is shifting, they did not install the springs correctly - either bring it back to that shop, or have someone else look at it. When my son and I installed the Rubi springs on my Sport, we made sure to line everything up so the springs were locked into the pads like they are supposed to. I have 3K miles on it since install including one trip off-road, and it's just as quiet as before. Good luck!

MudHorn4xforLife

First Name
Jonathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler 80th Anniversary Edition
I'd be surprised about any warranty issues. I'd bet the dealer wouldn't even have a clue you changed stock parts with other stock parts
The only time your warranty will be questioned is if it is a suspension issue your trying to get fixed under warranty.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Rubicon suspension and 1/2" spacers on my 2019 Sport "S" Unlimited and I can tell you it is an awesome upgrade. Ride is the same and handling and tracking improved greatly. I also have the Rubi tires and wheels upgrade with the Falken M/T tires. The springs and spacers provided about 2" of lift, maybe 35's when these tires wear out.

IMG_0098.JPG
you still running this set up?

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement