Sponsored

Anyone regret choosing black paint?

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
No. I think about those other really nice colors and tell myself that it’s not worth the effort to worry about.

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
Every time I get a black vehicle, I swear it will be the last one, but I keep going back (I'm really trying not to this time)

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
One of our requirements when shopping was it had to be Black. Not that we are against other colors just our preference and the only necessary option. I can say Black looks the best but then again, it is only my opinion same as everyone feels about theirs. But no.. no regrets and would not have considered another color regardless of what it is. I know that is narrow but it is also our coin paying for it. It was and still is Black or nothing.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone regret choosing black paint? IMG_6551

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
The biggest thing I've noticed with mine is that the smallest of scratches tend to be very visible, almost eye-catching. It's also hard to keep clean but I think that's not as much of an issue with a Jeep as it would have been with a luxury or sports car. I wouldn't call either of those a regret though, maybe an inconvenience at most. My other choice was a white one :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone regret choosing black paint? IMG_6551
Black and brown.....my favorite Jeep two tone combo. Mine looks just like that now!

Sponsored

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Thought I wanted Sting Gray, but got to dealer and it was gone. Considered yellow and orange but dealer didn’t have one with every thing I wanted. Besides, may have been a little too conspicuous for me. They scream “look at me!” I’m a little more stealthy. First Jeep, first black vehicle. Looks great when clean until I find a puddle somewhere and then it doesn’t matter. A nice Sunday afternoon cleaning it with my headphones on and an adult beverage nearby and all is good with the world. But just like my bike, I’d rather drive it than clean it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone regret choosing black paint? 2B08F1E2-B596-4888-A2CF-2A2A673ED6FC
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone regret choosing black paint? C36BA665-B9F2-45C7-9B1C-FF794F3A3886

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
No black for me - one vehicle 30 years ago taught me that lesson. The color ages poorly because chips, dings, and scratches show up so easily.

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My current vehicle is black, never again lol. It looks really nice when it's clean, but then it looks dirty again 30 minutes later. Not for me, but if it's what you want then get it!

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
Back in black. Had an 03 black Ram now have a black 392 ordered. My opinion is it looked the best with bronze and black looks good debadged if I pitch the bronze. Also I like black the best with the red accents. 2nd choice would be sting gray, probably the best dirty color.

Last edited:

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
No black for me - one vehicle 30 years ago taught me that lesson. The color ages poorly because chips, dings, and scratches show up so easily.
Yep. I had a black Buick Grand National and a Mercury Grand Marquis in the mid to late 90’s. I learned my lesson. Especially since I used to be super picky on paint condition and how clean it was.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Back in black. Had an 03 black Ram now have a black 392 ordered. My opinion is it looked the best with bronze and black looks good debadged if I pitch the bronze. Also I like black the best with the red accents. 2nd choice would be sting gray, probably the best dirty color.
I would have to agree with your opinion haha. Now if I just had a 392 under the hood life would be great.:rock:

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone regret choosing black paint? IMG_0297

CpT Papa

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RUBICON 392
I would have to agree with your opinion haha. Now if I just had a 392 under the hood life would be great.:rock:

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone regret choosing black paint? IMG_0297
Nice one! My wife has a debadged black Sahara, so somewhat experienced on the maintenance. Mine will be the dirty one, hers will never see the dirt.
Sponsored