Anyone regret choosing black paint?

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Love our black Rubicon. The red accents really make it.

Our second choice would have been a dark grey metallic, but we just came from that color on a different car and wanted something different.
Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
only on a hot day, which is 360 of them down here :)

I actually wanted Granite, but Black was my second choice.

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
You really cant beat a Black Rubicon. Yes you will have to spend more time keeping it clean, and it will show more scratches ect. But it looks like a million dollars when detailed. That being said I also like some other the other colors you mentioned but black does stand apart in my opinion.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

"Anyone regret choosing black paint?"

On a couple cars many years ago, yes. I had to run the A/C year round and it was hard to keep up. Never again. Certainly not on an off-road vehicle. LOL. On a "waxer" nothing looks better.

Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I personally don't own a Jeep yet, but hope to by the end of the year.
A few summarized thoughts come to mind:

1) you like black, have your vehicle washed maybe once a month and don't really stare at it for longer then a few seconds. Go for it. I'd probably say this is 90% of consumers that like black cars and are perfectly content.
2) you are a car detailing fanatic and have the time, Get black and it will always shine and impress.
3) You like black, but are OCD about pristine paint condition and don't have 2 hours a week to truly take care of it, then stay away from black. Maybe gravitate towards the metallic gray.

OP
OP

Chogers73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H
I will be turning in my leased 2017 Chevy Silverado in Graphite Metallic in July and at the time was afraid to get the truck in black. I have also had black vehicles in the past and they they would give me ocd fits but not as much since they were just boring leased vehicles. (Ford Edge; Chevy Equinox). This time around I will be buying and keeping for a very long time. (Tired of leasing!)

I owned a 2014 JKUS in Billet Silver but this time I want something different. Oh and I also am going with the SKY TOP so maybe I better steer clear of Black since the top will be painted black as well! :facepalm:

I am excited to get back into the JEEP Family!

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Yep! I would love t have a black JL. But I had a black YJ and hated it. It never looked clean. No matter how much I washed and waxed. And now that I'm in the Sacramento area it's way too hot for an all black vehicle.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I have a love hate relationship with black. I daily a black ram 2500, and it drove me nuts for the first few years I owned it. No matter what I did, and how careful I was, I saw every imperfection. I only hand washed and was super careful. I finally gave up and just embraced the fact that it would get scratches and swirls. I came to the conclusion I'd rather have it look pretty good from 5-10' away and always be clean, than to only hand wash it and not be able to keep it as clean and wash as frequently. So i bought the monthly all you can wash pass from the local auto car wash, and I run the truck through it 4-6 times a week, LOL. Like others have said, black looks awesome clean.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone regret choosing black paint? 8ACA3630-33B2-497D-B2AF-212EC9DF82EC

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I will add that, it is a Jeep, so unlike many vehicles that look unkempt when dirty, the Jeep just looks enjoyed. :)

I was always one to wash my vehicles frequently. But for some reason, I am perfectly fine with a quick rinse off of the Jeep and leave it be.

Now I will say I am a stickler when it comes to glass. I like a clean clear windshield and mirrors. Drives me crazy to ride with my wife, and look out through a layer of dirt and dust on her windshield. Dammit woman, I put fluid in the washer so use it already.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I know how difficult it is to keep clean but it’s the most rewarding color when it’s time to shine. The black rubicon recon is becoming my favorite color/trim now. First place was white, then granite, then sting grey but Black has moved to the top of the list for now. Just curious of thoughts on black paint from other owners. Purchasing a JLUR within 2-3 months.
I swore I’d never buy another black vehicle....that was 6 black vehicles ago! They are smokin hot after a fresh detailing!

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I know how difficult it is to keep clean but it’s the most rewarding color when it’s time to shine. The black rubicon recon is becoming my favorite color/trim now. First place was white, then granite, then sting grey but Black has moved to the top of the list for now. Just curious of thoughts on black paint from other owners. Purchasing a JLUR within 2-3 months.
A jeep is for driving, not looking at. I've said I would take any color but black (too hot and doesn't look good unless perfectly clean) and white (like driving a refrigerator). I've gotten more picky about colors. I always like red, and bikini is very interesting. I think Granite Crystal is the most fitting to the Jeep, especially with black fenders and top. I haven't warmed up to sting gray yet.

OP
OP

Chogers73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H
A jeep is for driving, not looking at. I've said I would take any color but black (too hot and doesn't look good unless perfectly clean) and white (like driving a refrigerator). I've gotten more picky about colors. I always like red, and bikini is very interesting. I think Granite Crystal is the most fitting to the Jeep, especially with black fenders and top. I haven't warmed up to sting gray yet.
Sarge Green is most fitting for a Jeep imo. I really like the Granite Crystal as well. Sting Gray was neat at first but the more I see it I dont think I could live with it. Never been a Red fan or a Blue fan but Bikini Pearl is interesting for sure! I like White too. Punk'n is growing on me and Yellow is a no thank you. And after having Billet Silver its just too boring. Will Jeep be bringing any new colors to 2021?
Sponsored