Sponsored

Anyone receive a VON order notification from FCA directly?

Stale

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Like the title, has anyone received an order notification from FCA directly? And if so, when about in the order process did you receive it?

I ordered originally in February, and the dealer ended up re-placing a new order in early April (their order was wrong :facepalm:)... Fast forward to today (which is ironically almost exactly 8 weeks since the second order was placed), and I received a notification from FCA with my name & new VON congratulating me on the new order... A copy of the notification is below, but implies that they are just starting the ordering /build process now, after 8 weeks (though technically 13 weeks including the dealers botched first order).

I've emailed FCA & my dealer to ask about the current status, as I can't imagine that they've been sitting on the second order for 8 weeks now, but with the holiday weekend I won't get a response for a few days. Has anyone else received notiifcations like this, and if so, did you receive them just after placing the order, or ???

--

Hello XXX XXX,

Congratulations! We have received your order for an all-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangler. Your Vehicle Order Number (VON) is XXXXXXXX.

With your new order, we would like to provide you with general timing on the build and delivery of your Jeep Wrangler. Average timing on a sold order is 6-8 weeks. Sold orders, such as yours will receive prioritization from scheduling to logistics. After all, we are looking forward to your first drive with the All-New Wrangler as much as you are.

One of the many things that makes Wrangler so unique is the various build configurations including engines, tops, paint colors, optional equipment, etc. Please know that Wrangler JL production is still in a launch phase and timing will vary dependent on your specific configuration. We want to provide you a dedicated Jeep customer care number while you wait for the arrival of your New Jeep Wrangler. In the event you have any questions, please call us at 866-362-2146 or email us at [email protected].

The All-New Wrangler is an epic evolution, where design and technology take a giant leap forward. This Wrangler forges ahead, bringing with it the spirit of freedom and a passion for adventure.

Thank you for taking the ride with us!
-The Jeep Brand
Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Nope, I have not received anything like this notice. I have a similar order history - Original order 1/22/2018, corrected order 3/9/2018.

Oops, hold it. I did receive something very similar on 5/18. It was like your, but didn't have the VON information.

Hello Tom,
We have received your order for an all-new 2018 Jeep® Wrangler. We are excited you have chosen the Jeep Brand and want to welcome you to the Jeep Family!
We would also like to provide you with updated delivery timing on your 2-Door Jeep Wrangler. Please know that Wrangler JL production is still in launch phase. 2-Door production was slightly delayed. However, we are thrilled to let you know that 2-Door production has begun and we are prioritizing orders based on configuration.
One of the many things that makes Wrangler so unique is the multitude of build combinations available, including engines, tops, paint colors, optional equipment, etc. Timing will be determined by your Wrangler’s specifications. In order to provide you with a personal, accurate update we are offering you a dedicated Jeep customer care line.
In the event you have any questions, please call us at 866-362-2146 or email us at [email protected]. Again, thank you for choosing the Jeep Brand. We are looking forward to your first drive with the All-New Wrangler as much as you are.
The all-new Wrangler is an epic evolution, where design and technology take a giant leap forward. This Wrangler forges ahead, bringing with it the spirit of freedom and a passion for adventure.
Thank you for taking the ride with us!
-The Jeep Brand​

Last edited:

drm700

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GC Summit 4x4, 2009 Commander Limited 4X4, 72 Porsche 911T, waiting on a JLUS
Yep, I received one as same format as noted, this was on Friday as well.. my order for jlus was placed April,30...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stale

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Thanks Everyone,
Makes me feel a little better that others with older orders have started receiving these recently. Maybe it's just a new system Jeep is rolling out, and not that my dealer botched the second order too. :)

OTGAuGres

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Rubicon
Ordered mine on 4/17. Got notification from the dealer on 5/10 that a VIN had been assigned. Got the aforementioned letter on this past Friday as well.

B9400

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj-7, JLU Rubicon
Ordered on 04-03 got the same message on Friday

Sponsored

Mukluk

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Ordered 5/11 and received that email 5/25. Had my VON listed. I’ve had my VIN since 5/19.

Skyranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Ordered 5-1 same email came Friday
I see a pattern here....

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Yep...Got the same boilerplate email on Friday (Mojito order:16 April).

OP
OP

Stale

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Small update,
My dealer just responded this morning with an updated build sheet, with an estimated ship date of 06/08. According to the sheet it's in JS status currently, so despite just receiving this email my JLUR is not just beginning the process. Seems to me like maybe Jeep is setting up more of an order status system, and perhaps it's just going through the current database informing people.

For reference, my re-order was 04/03, E-Mail received 05/25, and verified the Jeep was in JS status on 05/28

the_webers_inc

First Name
T. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd, 2011 Subaru Forester X Premium 5spd
Me too. Same email on Friday.
Sponsored