Sponsored

Anyone put larger tires and new wheels on a 4xE Sahara yet?

OP
OP
ACGC

ACGC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUL 4xe
Here they are!

F5AF7ED8-EAF2-4570-B656-00FA19402550.jpeg

025638EB-E5C1-4A0A-9796-8B1F9D42CB8E.jpeg
Any pics from straight on from front and back? Looks good. I’m getting mine in a few days but considering 35x12.5x18 on my Sahara. Might do a small spacer lift for now. Just trying to figure out offset since it has the wider axles but not the rubicon fenders.
Sponsored

Gooner

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green 4xe
Any pics from straight on from front and back? Looks good. I’m getting mine in a few days but considering 35x12.5x18 on my Sahara. Might do a small spacer lift for now. Just trying to figure out offset since it has the wider axles but not the rubicon fenders.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone put larger tires and new wheels on a 4xE Sahara yet? 65E67619-579F-43D6-8540-328F73E200B8

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I was originally looking to get some Rubi take offs but now I'm re-thinking that. Between Gooner's stock 4xe wheels and ACGC's Black Rhino's, I don't think I like the Rubi's enough to replace mine now.

Gooner's look sweet if I want to keep my stock wheels, and if I'm going to spend money on wheels, ACGC's look damn nice.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Isn’t putting 35 or 37 inch tires on a plug-in hybrid Jeep the equivalent of buying a Prius for the fuel economy...and then stuffing 10 bags of cement in the trunk...?

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Isn’t putting 35 or 37 inch tires on a plug-in hybrid Jeep the equivalent of buying a Prius for the fuel economy...and then stuffing 10 bags of cement in the trunk...?
It's taking a Jeep and making it more Jeep, just like any other Jeep here on the forum. I think you misunderstand the allure of the 4xe.

OP
OP
ACGC

ACGC

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUL 4xe
the torque and drivability is like stock. Mine came stock w 32” tall tires and went up to a 34.7”. I charge it every other night and just filled up for the 2nd time with 800 miles on it. As everyone mentions it’s a plug in hybrid. Not an electric commuter vehicle. I originally choose this model because it was a no brainer w the tax credit but glad I did. Recommend driving one if you haven’t.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It's taking a Jeep and making it more Jeep, just like any other Jeep here on the forum. I think you misunderstand the allure of the 4xe.
I know what a Jeep is.

I don’t see the allure of buying a plug-in hybrid, slapping monster tires onto it and killing whatever benefits you were supposed to get from the hybrid powertrain.

For that might as well just go with the EcoDiesel. It’d probably get you better fuel economy after you slapped 37s onto it.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
Build out a similarly optioned EcoDiesel... it ends up being more expensive for less hp and less torque. The benefit isn't mpg, although being able to drive around town without using any gas is a nice added bonus. The real benefit is the added power from the dual ICE and electric motors combined, the instant torque... Like ACGC said, you really should drive one if you get the chance.

Sponsored

Skippy477

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I don't think I've seen anybody put 37's on one yet (although I'm sure someone has). Most seem to be going with 33's and a few 35's. As others have said, electric range and fuel economy aren't the only reasons people by a 4xe, it also has better torque, better HP and, costs less than a similarly equipped ICE version of the Wrangler thanks to to federal tax credit.

But, even if range is the primary reason to buy one, the effect of bigger tires is likely far less than you seem to assume. The affect that a bigger, off-road tire will have on range is 5-10%. I get about 25 miles of electric range on my 4xe, so if I dropped that by 10% I'd still get 22.5 (most people that have put larger tires on though are actually not noticing any difference at all from what I've seen). If you charge it daily and deplete the battery each day, you are effectively saving about 1 gallon of gas per day. Since a mile driven on electric costs about 1/2 as much as a mile driven on gas, you'd save about $1.50-$2 per day on gas even with the bigger tires and still get all of the benefits of having a Jeep with bigger tires, more HP and more torque.

huey_atx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
Occupation
IT
Picked up my first ever Jeep today!! Planning to keep the stock wheels (no lift, spacers, etc) but will be looking for larger tires for this beauty - so any advice from you fine folks would be very helpful!! Thanks!!
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone put larger tires and new wheels on a 4xE Sahara yet? Sahara_4xe

Last edited:

huey_atx

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
Occupation
IT

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
The 4xe is a government subsides vehicle. I would buy one because I could get $7500 off plus what CA offers as well. The plug in hybrid for me would just be a way to get a better discount.