Sponsored

Anyone place an order for a 2022?

OsoAlaskaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Rubicon(waiting)
Thanks man that is HUGE to me if he can do that I could get the Rubicon Diesel with that price. Reason I went Willy was to save some money. I guess I would lose the $500 down but still a Rubi Diesel would be my day dream.

Plus I may trade in my 2020 Manual Rubicon, which is pretty damned popular in Alaska. Or just sell it for crazy money.
Digging into the dealer holdback is always a negotiation option, it’s just not widely known.

I ordered mine from Anchorage Chrysler this time, Lithia tried to add $1000 “because of Covid.” Literally told me that. Ummmmm hell no. Anchorage Chrysler has been good to deal with so far.
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

James King 907-631-7001. If he doesn't answer he WILL actually call you back.
Did you get a VIN or VON from them? Been a week asked for VIN and POC nothing, said he would have James call someone because it is not normal. I hope they didn't leave my order laying around after taking my money.

Not sure who he is supposed to call or just BS and some lazy f'ker forgot to order.

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392XR, 2019 WK2 LtdX, 2017 JK, 2006 XK
Did you get a VIN or VON from them? Been a week asked for VIN and POC nothing, said he would have James call someone because it is not normal. I hope they didn't leave my order laying around after taking my money.

Not sure who he is supposed to call or just BS and some lazy f'ker forgot to order.
Yep. Ordered 11/23 and got the VIN the next day. Did James work the deal and place your order? Or did someone else do it?

Deleted member 59498

Yep. Ordered 11/23 and got the VIN the next day. Did James work the deal and place your order? Or did someone else do it?
Nistor did my order but I wrote King tonight. I was like I know it will be a while but at least a VIN lets me know it was ordered. A week now and Nistor said no VIN yet which was a red flag for me. Just think they took deposit and never ordered.

He said he would have James King call but I find that to be BS to be honest. It was either ordered or not.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Plus asked for VON several times and never got one not sure why that is so hard to give me.

Deleted member 59498

II placed my order on oct 15. VIN was available a few days later
Yeah makes me feel like they didn't give a shit to even order my Jeep which pisses me off. I mean a week is not much but they already told me 6 months. What is it now 7 8 months.

Frostbyte

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392XR, 2019 WK2 LtdX, 2017 JK, 2006 XK
Yeah makes me feel like they didn't give a shit to even order my Jeep which pisses me off. I mean a week is not much but they already told me 6 months. What is it now 7 8 months.
Your frustration is understandable. I doubt there's anything nefarious going on, though. Believe me, dealerships want to sell you a vehicle. Often times Salesmen won't necessarily have ready access to your order info. Some sales managers too often practice micromanagement. That's why I recommended working directly with the General Manager James. If your salesman can't get you your VIN this weekend then call James directly. I find he's easiest to reach during the weekdays between 8am and 2pm.

fullytorqued

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon XR, 2020 Tesla 3, 2013 Prius C
Ordered my 22' JLU Rubi XR on 10/8 and got the VIN 10/13. God help me if the wait is 12-16 weeks from when production starts; I already have about 5k in mods sitting in my living room ;)

Plus my current weekend car is promised to my Daughter when she turns 16 in February...

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Just placed an order with Gupton today... Was going to wait till November order guide, but I ended up not wanting to wait and wanting to get my awesome deal from Gupton and get my order locked in. MSRP $63,150, getting 5% off invoice and will pay around $56,443.

2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
v6 8 Speed Auto
White with paint matched 3 piece hard top / fenders
Cold Weather Group
Xtreme Recon Package
Steel Bumper Group
Safety Group
Gorilla Glass
Black Leather Seats
LED Lighting Group
"Standard" Premium Audio / Proximity Entry included
Is that $56,443 cash out the door or before taxes, etc.?

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Plus asked for VON several times and never got one not sure why that is so hard to give me.
Something is not right? You need to look into it more. You should have gotten a VON when the order was placed and your VIN a couple of days after that.

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
i ordered 11/02 (had VON # already) and did not get my vin until 11/12.

my build is a diesel, not sure if that was the reason for a delay in vin.

Joanie0713

First Name
Joanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia Denali
Something is not right? You need to look into it more. You should have gotten a VON when the order was placed and your VIN a couple of days after that.
I haven't gotten either also

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't gotten either also
How long has it been since you officially placed your order?

It depends on dealer but it is pretty common to get a VON 1-2 days after ordering. It is also not uncommon to place an order and maybe wait a few days for a VON. Sometimes a customer places their order with a salesman and the person who actually inputs the order to FCA is out of the office or something. Or they wait and order on a specific day of the week. A VON should be generated once the order is placed with FCA. Then it is usually a few days after that you will get a VIN.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We should be seeing some progress soon. Hopefully 2022s start production next week!

I herd the factory usually builds 1100 new Wranglers per day under normal conditions. That's 7700 per week on a 7-day schedule. 30,800 per month.

They are closer to 950 Wranglers now due to parts shortages. 950 Wranglers X 7-days= 6650 a week. Or 26,600 per month.

I ordered 11/19/2021 and am counting down. Fingers crossed for a December delivery even though the Christmas holiday will slow production!
Sponsored

Last edited: