Anyone place an order for a 2022?

prodogs

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe
I have heard Jeep will take this into tax incentive into account if you lease through them, meaning they use the full $12,500 as a capital reduction thereby reducing the lease payment significantly

And there’s no roll-over to a following tax year. If you can’t use the entire credit, you lose the overage.
Sponsored

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully
Looks like I’m getting a transfer back to CONUS. Going to tell MAS they have to match the deals some of these dealers are offering now that I will be taking delivery in the States. Or better yet they refund my $500 and I just work directly with a dealership that gives a crap about their customers.
The real question here, is did you see the 2022 leak for Gobi tan?!

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
So total for Jeep 4xe should be 12,500 in tax credit
This is incorrect.

The build back better act, which still hasn't even passed, would increase the 4xe tax credit to $8500 from $7500. There is $12500 potentially available, but the 4xe does not qualify for the $3500 that applies to vehicles with a battery over 40kwh/under 2.5 gallons of gas or the $500 that applies to domestic content because the battery cells are produced by Samsung in South korea.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Jeep will take this into tax incentive into account if you lease through them, meaning they use the full $12,500 as a capital reduction thereby reducing the lease payment significantly
This is unclear. The build back better act has the tax incentive go direct to the taxpayer rather than the current system that had it go to the owner of the vehicle. While it is true that there is an option to elect to have the tax credit applied as a point of sale rebate rather than having to wait to file to recapture, it is still a tax credit and there's nothing to suggest that you wouldn't have to reconcile the amount if it exceeds your tax liability at the end of the year.

Sponsored

prodogs

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe
bummer - thanks for for correcting.

This is incorrect.

The build back better act, which still hasn't even passed, would increase the 4xe tax credit to $8500 from $7500. There is $12500 potentially available, but the 4xe does not qualify for the $3500 that applies to vehicles with a battery over 40kwh/under 2.5 gallons of gas or the $500 that applies to domestic content because the battery cells are produced by Samsung in South korea.

TriumphJeepster

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hopefully

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Just google Gobi Jeep Wrangler, there are lots of previous examples to reference.
I know what it looks like. I guess I should've been more clear. I do not see anywhere that Gobi is currently a paint option for 2022 Jeep Wranglers.

NChap89

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
First post... coming back into the Jeep world after selling my 2011 JKU 5-6 years ago. I am placing an order end of November.

2022 Rubicon Unlimited
- XR Package
- Sting Gray
- Premium Soft Top
- LED Lighting
- Trailer Tow Group
- Cold Weather Group

If Gobi Tan or Gator Green becomes an option afterward I'll be a bit peeved.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Just placed an order with Gupton today... Was going to wait till November order guide, but I ended up not wanting to wait and wanting to get my awesome deal from Gupton and get my order locked in. MSRP $63,150, getting 5% off invoice and will pay around $56,443.

2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
v6 8 Speed Auto
White with paint matched 3 piece hard top / fenders
Cold Weather Group
Xtreme Recon Package
Steel Bumper Group
Safety Group
Gorilla Glass
Black Leather Seats
LED Lighting Group
"Standard" Premium Audio / Proximity Entry included

Last edited:

OsoAlaskaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Rubicon(waiting)
I know what it looks like. I guess I should've been more clear. I do not see anywhere that Gobi is currently a paint option for 2022 Jeep Wranglers.
Ahhh, understood. Jeep color releases can be REALLY frustrating. They‘ll release colors internally with little to no public notice. On more than one occasion I’ve gone to a dealership with knowledge that a color is available only to be told it isn’t. Until they have to look it up. Terrible system given how much they cost.

High-Strung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLURD
Just placed an order with Gupton today... Was going to wait till November order guide, but I ended up not wanting to wait and wanting to get my awesome deal from Gupton and get my order locked in. MSRP $63,150, getting 5% off invoice and will pay around $56,443.

2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
v6 10 Speed Auto
White with paint matched 3 piece hard top / fenders
Cold Weather Group
Xtreme Recon Package
Steel Bumper Group
Safety Group
Gorilla Glass
Black Leather Seats
LED Lighting Group
"Standard" Premium Audio / Proximity Entry included
Nice! I went with Gupton as well. I ordered last Saturday but I am tempted to bother them to check to see if a VON or VIN has been issued. I've been reading the forum and have seen that some people have been getting details about their orders already even though production hasn't started yet. 😲
Sponsored