Sponsored

Anyone own the Lange Hoist a Top for JL Wrangler?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Thanks for the detailed pics of the rear hook! I see that I will need to replace my existing rear hook to this new one for my JL. It's obvious that the JK standard hook will not work well.
No, they really do charge a pretty penny for the JL hook replacement—if you just buy that.
Sponsored

punyandy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
D11A6182-7B0D-4A5E-927A-969E94356B87.jpeg
8D118CEA-F87F-456B-ABDB-69F87DD23350.jpeg
67E5AE37-11D7-44F5-A309-38382E3CC689.jpeg
6E66F397-45B9-4A76-9731-0DB66C2B0887.jpeg

The rear hook is coated in a thick high gloss (not rubberized) paint. The hook is wide enough to cup the hardtop edge with weatherstripping. The hook does touch, but I have no worries about it scratching paint with the coating the hook has. It’s not like it moves on there so there really isn’t serious friction where the top rests in it.
Extremely helpful. Thank you so much for posting the great pics. If I wanted to be uber insane about it, would it make sense to plasti-dip the hook to give it a bit more of a rubberized coating?

BTW absolutely love the yellow.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
Extremely helpful. Thank you so much for posting the great pics. If I wanted to be uber insane about it, would it make sense to plasti-dip the hook to give it a bit more of a rubberized coating?

BTW absolutely love the yellow.
Suppose you could but check the tolerance first because making the coating thicker could pinch the top more.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Does anyone also use the Lange hoist to store the soft top when hard top is on the Jeep? I have a dual top coming and a small garage. Ordered the hand crank Lange hoist.

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
Does anyone also use the Lange hoist to store the soft top when hard top is on the Jeep? I have a dual top coming and a small garage. Ordered the hand crank Lange hoist.
I do. I have one of each, a crank (use a drill) and a power Lange hoist-a-top. It isn’t pretty, but yes I do store the softtop on my hoist. I bungee it on and use nylon webbing straps to hold it in place. It balances on a crank hoist better because you have two ceiling points of contact. The power hoist can be used as long as you have a plan to hold/balance the load on the hoist frame to keep the rear from slamming into the ceiling. I will refrain from posting a pic. Please take my word on this. Also, save the cheap vinyl softtop velcro-closure storage cover to protect the top whilst in storage.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Thanks for that info.

Has anyone hoisted the soft top for storage on the hoist a top?

Eman422

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Overland, Wrangler Jk
With the Lange, either way is fine. The only thing you'd have to do is adjust the clip on the main bar for balance. I store mine closed.

Here's a picture...

IMAG0021.jpg
I think I’m going to buy the same powered version, what keeps the top from spinning in circles when hoisted? Looks like only one cable hold it

Tannerdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 upgraded (?) to a 2020 JLUR
Thanks for that info.

Has anyone hoisted the soft top for storage on the hoist a top?
I have the powered version and store my soft top and guide tracks hoisted up in the air. It takes a little creativity with straps and bungee cords, but it was the best solution for my garage.

Tannerdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 upgraded (?) to a 2020 JLUR
I think I’m going to buy the same powered version, what keeps the top from spinning in circles when hoisted? Looks like only one cable hold it
I have the powered version and my top wanted to spin. I took 2 bungee cords and attached each to the garage motor mounts and the other end to the front holes where we screw the top down to the Jeep. Works great.

Maddingo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Wrangler TJ, 2018 Wrangler JL
I have the 2 door JL with the "Conversion" kit for the Hoist-A-Top. Can anyone show me where to put the front hooks on the hardtop?The hooks look like just the ends push up on the inside of the top. I'm a little nervous about the pressure they will put on the top.
Sponsored