millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Putting my Top Lift Pro up for sale in Socal - San Diego. You come and get it. Even have the cover. $600

IMG_0082.jpg
IMG_0083.jpg
Sponsored

reallyheatherj

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Rubicon & 17 JKU Rubicon
Occupation
Comptroller at Dealership
It is worth every penny, IMO. We have two wranglers and with my husband deploying pretty regularly, I need to be able to get the top off by myself. This, coupled with a hoist, is the perfect solution for our two car-ish garage with 9 foot ceilings.

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Anyone have a TLP for sale I’m In NC ....

Sponsored

karynm8621

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I have one and the first year of the JL I used that and an electric ratchet.

When i had my JK it would take me an hour to maneuver my JK into our small garage and lift the top off. With the JL, the top lift pro and an electric ratchet I could pop the top off in 5 minutes tops.

Now, I have a softop for the summer so My hard top is sittinf on my top lift pro in the garage. I'm happy with the purchase for sure.

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
TLP owner here. I bought it mainly because I wanted to be able to take the top off myself. I have the soft top too. So the HT says on the TLP. Super easy to use, very stable once you add the support bars on the JLUR. I would highly recommend, especially if you dont have the room or are taking the top off by yourself. It is expensive however I spoke to the owner and honestly believe him when he says his margins arnt that high. It is over engineered. Plus if you get it and dont like it im guessing you will get top dollar when selling. It wont depreciate much past 20-30 percent is my guess.
I too spoke to the owner. Good guy. I also believe his margins arnt too high. I do however believe he has no clue how to manufacture in China and that’s why his costs are high. He needs to pay a consultant to source the stuff for less.

Best mod I bought for the jeep. HT sits on it and I can easily put it on jeep by myself.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
I too spoke to the owner. Good guy. I also believe his margins arnt too high. I do however believe he has no clue how to manufacture in China and that’s why his costs are high. He needs to pay a consultant to source the stuff for less.

Best mod I bought for the jeep. HT sits on it and I can easily put it on jeep by myself.
I don't know where it is manufactured. Needs "Made in the USA" sticker if done here!!!!

I have one and love it!!! Don't mind paying more for "Merican" products....F China

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I don’t mind paying premium price for a quality product and actually shop for those items, however, I have a hard time swallowing the Top Lift Pro (TLP) $1000+ price tag.

I’ve researched all the ceiling hoist, the freedom jack, and in my opinion, the TLP is by far the easiest and most convenient way to remove a JLU hardtop solo.

Has anyone upgraded to the TLP from the freedom jack or some hoist? Is it worth the premium price from all those other options? Do you recommend it?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin. I own a Freedom Jack and love it. The newest version for the JL, the Freedom Jack 3 or FJ3 is designed to never come in contact with a headliner should you have one. It's sold on ebay.

I think the Top Lift Pro is an excellent product but not worth the increase in price over the Freedom Jack. You can pick up an engine crane at a local Harbor Freight store when on sale for cheap. And I absolutely think that you have far more control on both hard top ascent and descent with it that the Top Lift Pro because its air jack based. There are also less parts to break and I think the wheels are better on less than smooth pavement than those on the Top Lift Pro. When I bought my crane I paid for a Harbor Freight membership and got much more off the crane than the membership cost!

I kid you not that you could throw the Freedom Jack out a second story window and nothing would happen. It is extremely hard break and easy, like the engine crane, to install.

Finally, as the legs on the engnie crane fold up, it takes up little footprint when stored, and can also store the hardtop (legs down) over the hood in the garage of a front facing JL, like the Top Lift Pro.

To not mind the extra cost is to say, "I'm done buying other accessories for my JL."

And nobody is every done buying stuff for their rig.;)

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just assembled mine over the weekend. The cost is high, but man is it awesome! If you don't wanna mount a bunch of stuff to your ceiling, these things sure make hardtop removal a breeze.

To get ready for the warmer weather ahead, I splurged on a TopLift Pro Hardtop remover. Yes, it's way overpriced, but I have no regrets after assembling and using this thing. I was really impressed with the engineering, quality of materials, packaging, and the amount of detail in the instructions that I received.

To be able to add/remove my hardtop with no help in < 5 minutes, and then push it out of the way is priceless. Here are a few photos in action!

IMG_6829.jpg
IMG_6830.jpg
IMG_6831.jpg
IMG_6841.jpg

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I just assembled mine over the weekend. The cost is high, but man is it awesome! If you don't wanna mount a bunch of stuff to your ceiling, these things sure make hardtop removal a breeze.
Yes it’s a great tool if you don’t want to bother neighbors or relatives to help you. This was my setup when I had duel tops.

27A7B43E-C2F8-4ACD-9E91-08C2DCB4FB0E.jpeg

JLRoachicon

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo, 2006 Ducati 999S (RIP)
Vehicle Showcase
Best thing I’ve bought!

So easy to use.
B11C77C6-B24F-46F1-AB76-7693480F944B.jpeg
51C68CF5-2696-40FC-8B4A-022D37A2274F.jpeg
Sponsored