Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I just purchased the TopLift Pro + Store-a-Door cart so I'm looking forward to receiving them and putting them to use. i know it's not cheap but it's the most efficient way to store your parts if you want to go topless.
Sponsored

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
The Lange Gen 2 hoist/cart was a much more appealing option for me. It starts out almost 50% less expensive. It stores your top on the cart, not up in the air, which looks a bit precarious to me. It also includes rack storage for 2 doors, which is all I have anyway. Sturdy, easy to use and as compact storage as you can really get for these big pieces.

mudog

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hopefully a 3.0 jl
I just installed my TLP. The only suggestion I have is to watch the videos. It does not come with any instructions and I got hung up on the spring install. If you need help[ LMK and I can send pics.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I don’t mind paying premium price for a quality product and actually shop for those items, however, I have a hard time swallowing the Top Lift Pro (TLP) $1000+ price tag.

I’ve researched all the ceiling hoist, the freedom jack, and in my opinion, the TLP is by far the easiest and most convenient way to remove a JLU hardtop solo.

Has anyone upgraded to the TLP from the freedom jack or some hoist? Is it worth the premium price from all those other options? Do you recommend it?

Thanks in advance!
Why doesn't Jeep offer a lift/storage system?

After having my FB feed assaulted the last couple weeks by posts from that obscenely overpriced hardtop lift/storage system, I started to wonder why Jeep doesn't offer their own branded solution?

It would be pretty great to be able to just order it when you ordered your new Jeep.

Sponsored

Rollfam

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU EcoDiesel
Just got off the phone with TLP tech support (great guy). The problem is they have changed the top portion for the JLs. Look at pic below. The gap between tubes (front and rear) are much wider (at least 8” between ends) than older versions to accommodate the center rib of JL top. I believe looking at photo from their website they have even increased more. I will be trimming mine. You can see in other pics the gap on mine is around 4”.
A51E00F3-53D9-4533-A6AA-410F26686B54.jpeg
5C9A342D-D2EB-4EF9-AD2E-E7AE84EA807A.jpeg
CF93AAEF-7727-4060-94D5-A0C7A704FEEF.jpeg
I have same issue. Bought a used one off a friend and didn’t know it was to narrow for my JLU. Did you successfully trim it wider and how did that work out for you.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have same issue. Bought a used one off a friend and didn’t know it was to narrow for my JLU. Did you successfully trim it wider and how did that work out for you.
I did. Trim both sides front and back with sawzall and popped the plastic end caps back in and done. Works great 👍🏻

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
I have two questions for your TLP owners:

1. does it cause any damage to the Hot Heads headliners if you have them installed. Mine just arrived this afternoon.

2. This may be a bit of an odd question, but once you have the top off of the Jeep, are you able to LOWER the top at all from the height it's at once it's removed? I ask this because I can't fit a roof rack and RTT on my Jeep and get in/out of my 7' garage door. I'm thinking if I could remove the top, lower it down a bit, mount the rack and tent and then wheel it out to the driveway and lift it back onto the Jeep, that could be a great workaround for me.

pmarold21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon (Gobi)
I can’t answer #1 (but look forward to the answer) but the answer to your 2nd question is Yes. Once the top is off the vehicle you can move it up and down as you please. It is very easy.

Sponsored

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
I can’t answer #1 (but look forward to the answer) but the answer to your 2nd question is Yes. Once the top is off the vehicle you can move it up and down as you please. It is very easy.
Cool. How much lower do you think you can drop it down from the height it’s already at on the vehicle? A couple inches or several inches? A foot?

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Why doesn't Jeep offer a lift/storage system?

After having my FB feed assaulted the last couple weeks by posts from that obscenely overpriced hardtop lift/storage system, I started to wonder why Jeep doesn't offer their own branded solution?

It would be pretty great to be able to just order it when you ordered your new Jeep.
Why would you want them to? It would be more expensive than any other solution out there. Slapping the "Jeep" name on it would add a huge premium just like everything else with the "jeep" logo

pmarold21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon (Gobi)
Cool. How much lower do you think you can drop it down from the height it’s already at on the vehicle? A couple inches or several inches? A foot?
once I’ve gotten my hardtop off, I’m sure I’ve dropped it down a foot or so to see what I could do to maneuver. Basically, I think you can take it down as low as the TLP will go (I think).
Sponsored