Northernlites

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Occupation
Retired
I have two questions for your TLP owners:

1. does it cause any damage to the Hot Heads headliners if you have them installed. Mine just arrived this afternoon.

2. This may be a bit of an odd question, but once you have the top off of the Jeep, are you able to LOWER the top at all from the height it's at once it's removed? I ask this because I can't fit a roof rack and RTT on my Jeep and get in/out of my 7' garage door. I'm thinking if I could remove the top, lower it down a bit, mount the rack and tent and then wheel it out to the driveway and lift it back onto the Jeep, that could be a great workaround for me.
We just got our 2023 Sport Altitude, and it came with the factory headliners. I was wondering too if the lift would damage them in any way.
Sponsored

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435
I have two questions for your TLP owners:

1. does it cause any damage to the Hot Heads headliners if you have them installed. Mine just arrived this afternoon.

I have a 4-dr & yes, the back bar of the TLP rests on the headliner. It does leave an indent there. However, it's in the very back of the hard top, mine's black & you can't see it when the top's on. So I don't think it's an issue. My main issue with the TLP was staining the hard top due to black rubber stops on my 2020 TLP. I believe the new generation has fixed this but definitely check!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/toplift-pro-warning.58113/

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
once I’ve gotten my hardtop off, I’m sure I’ve dropped it down a foot or so to see what I could do to maneuver. Basically, I think you can take it down as low as the TLP will go (I think).
Ok cool. So does anyone have any idea how low the TLP can lower once the top is removed from the Jeep? If it's in the neighborhood of 8-10" at least, I'd think I'd be fine. A foot or more would be awesome and added insurance for my scenario.

pmarold21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon (Gobi)
Ok cool. So does anyone have any idea how low the TLP can lower once the top is removed from the Jeep? If it's in the neighborhood of 8-10" at least, I'd think I'd be fine. A foot or more would be awesome and added insurance for my scenario.
Just measured: Fully elevated = 80”, Fully lowered = 66” from ground to top brace

tribefan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys XR
Just measured: Fully elevated = 80”, Fully lowered = 66” from ground to top brace
Awesome. Thank you for doing that!

Sponsored

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Absolutely love it! I bought mine off of a member but I saw something where they had a Black Friday sale of $700 I think?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
once I’ve gotten my hardtop off, I’m sure I’ve dropped it down a foot or so to see what I could do to maneuver. Basically, I think you can take it down as low as the TLP will go (I think).
But that's for a 2 door the 4 door is longer. how will it work for the 4 door wont it tip over ?

pmarold21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon (Gobi)
But that's for a 2 door the 4 door is longer. how will it work for the 4 door wont it tip over ?
Mine’s a 4-door. No issues moving it around. Occasionally, I’ll add the support bars for stability if I’m moving it, but for the most part, they aren’t needed. It’s pretty stable.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I just got one we're putting it together tomorrow I can't wait Just in time for summer
Sponsored