Sponsored

Anyone Order DUAL DOOR GROUP W/ PREMIUM UPPERS with BLACK 3-PIECE HARD TOP or DUAL TOP?

DunDeal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRANGLER UNLIMITED WILLYS
My dealer is trying to order for me and says it can't be done. He says half doors only go with soft top. Works in the configurator and the build spec sheet doesn't exclude it. Plus I have seen pics of hard top with half doors. Anyone else order with hard top or dual top group?
Sponsored

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
My dealer is trying to order for me and says it can't be done. He says half doors only go with soft top. Works in the configurator and the build spec sheet doesn't exclude it. Plus I have seen pics of hard top with half doors. Anyone else order with hard top or dual top group?
So you can't do Dual Doors and Dual Top since they ship in the back of the Jeep and the Dual Top box takes up the entire back seat. What color are you trying to order? I've read the half doors aren't available in all colors

OP
OP

DunDeal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you can't do Dual Doors and Dual Top since they ship in the back of the Jeep and the Dual Top box takes up the entire back seat. What color are you trying to order? I've read the half doors aren't available in all colors
Sarge Green

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
You can order it with black hardtop. Dual Top group cannot be ordered however. Code to give them can be found in the 2021 Order Guide. For Dual Door w/ Premium Uppers it is AJS. My dealer was trying to order and said they could not make it work. I came home and did some research and found that code. Gave it to them and it worked. Dual Door JLUR is in ship status now as of today.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!

All good answers here. Just wanted to add that my order is at D status (meaning it's been accepted, the VIN has been issued, and it's waiting for a build date to be scheduled) and I have the black, body colored 3 piece hardtop & half doors. (AKA dual door group with premium uppers.)

When I was told about not being able to order both the dual top group and dual door group together, my dealer and I decided to prioritize the dual door group, then order the soft top separately through the parts department.

That's because doing it the other way around could be a problem, since the soft tops are readily available, and no one really knew at the time, (mid-Dec 2020) when or if the half doors will be able to order separately through the parts dept.. Nor could they find out if you would even be able to order the half doors separately already painted to match your body color.

Hope this helps, and good luck with whatever you decide!

-Rob

Last edited:
OP
OP

DunDeal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All good answers here. Just wanted to add that my order is at D status (meaning it's been accepted, the VIN has been issued, and it's waiting for a build date to be scheduled) and I have the black, body colored 3 piece hardtop & half doors. (AKA dual door group with premium uppers.)

When I was told about not being able to order both the dual top group and dual door group together, my dealer and I decided to prioritize the dual door group, then order the soft top separately through the parts department.

That's because doing it the other way around could be a problem, since the soft tops are readily available, and no one really knew at the time, (mid-Dec 2020) when or if the half doors will be able to order separately through the parts dept.. Nor could they find out if you would even be able to order the half doors separately already painted to match your body color.

Hope this helps, and good luck with whatever you decide!

-Rob
So order it with hardtop and dual doors and order the soft top through parts. Got it. I'll try that.
Sponsored