Sponsored

Anyone on their second Alpine system and notice difference in sound quality from their previous jeep?

timb7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S, Rubicon 4xe
Hello all. I took delivery of my 2021 4xe and have had it about 3 weeks and the Alpine seems off to me. It does not seem to have the power and even sound quality to an extent that my 2018 had. Don't get me wrong it is not terrible by any means but there is absolutely a difference and I cannot figure out if it was a change in the system or if possibly something is wrong. The 2018 was a Sport S with 7" Uconnect and the 4xe is the 8.4". Both Alpine speakers with same settings and source. Both soft tops although 4xe has the premium soft top where 2018 had standard soft top. I am turning in the Sport S this weekend so will be my last chance to really prove to the dealer something is off but not sure I am going to have much luck with that...

Was just curious if anyone else came from another Alpine that may have noticed something similar.
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Can't say I've noticed a difference between the JKR and the JLUR Alpine, they are/were both crappy.
Just finishing replacing the dash speaker with a set of Infinity Reference 3032CFX and installed the MB Quart 6x9 roll bar adapter with Infinity Reference 9632ix. Note:had Kicker 3.5 co-ax and could not tolerate the difference. The sound quality is more like what it should have been, though there was not a huge volume increase it did gain a little. I would have never ordered the Alpine if specing out a rig.

OP
OP

timb7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S, Rubicon 4xe
RedundanT thanks for the response. Yeah my 2018 was a JL and sounded pretty decent so not sure what the deal is with the new one.
Sponsored