Anyone NOT have seat covers?

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I just ordered a new Wrangler and am contemplating not putting seat covers on it this time around. The reason is because I personally believe seats look better without being covered.

Have any of you NOT purchased seat covers for your Wrangler? Do the seats hold up well, or do they rub and look worn after a year or two? My wife and I are really clean, so the seats would be vacuumed and etc. My main concern is the material eroding/rubbing from getting in and out of the vehicle.

I know the seats in the 80's and even 90's would start to look really poor after a year or two and the seam closest to the doors would start to tear, but I'm hoping new seats are made with better materials and etc.

Please let me know your experiences.

Thank you.
Uh...YOUR Jeep came with seats??
Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Seat covers are hideous IMO. My JKs cloth seats looked like brand new after 5 years. After 8 months so far so good with the JLs seats.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
So, what's the point of paying for leather only to cover it with cloth??

Leather becomes more "comfortable" as you break it in. It's supposed to wrinkle a little and soften....that's the entire point of leather actually(along with its durability).

I knew this guy once who had a Tahoe, all leather. He always kept the leather covered with towels and seat covers. It looked ridiculous if you ask me.

He would brag as to how new his leather looked and wrinkle free it was(and it was). The Tahoe was 6 years old and the leather was never "used".

....I think it's a personality trait to be honest, kinda like OCD. Just doesnt make any sense.

The option to have cloth or leather IS the seat cover

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
My main concern isn't so much dirt (I can always clean/vacuum), but with wear and tear. Have you ever had any issues with the seat pre-maturely wearing on the area between the driver and door? Basically, the area that you "slide" over when getting in and out. I remember as a kid/teen back in the 80's and 90's, this area would always look like garbage in the older trucks and cars. This is probably why as an adult I have always put seat covers on my vehicles, as well as the wife's.

I really do hate the way seat covers look and they are a rip-off for custom ones that are made to fit the seat.
This is the type of wear that started on mine, more of a deformation of the seat side bolster from the way I put weight on it as I slid over to get out. The fix was installing grab handles on the roll bar so I could lift myself up as I slid over.

pakzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I haven't found any I like (price or aesthetics). I've had my Jeep since Christmas last year and the seats are doing quite well. Now, I don't have small kids (adult kids only) and I don't have animals in my Jeep either. So, that may change the equation :giggle: All in all, I'm pretty happy with the seats. But as soon as I find covers I like, I will put them on. I want to find some with neon green as an option:like:
Check out the PRP Seat Covers. They do custom colors, and I remember RMojitoJL posted about some green ones he was getting.

Sponsored

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
We don’t use seat covers, don’t like the look or feel of a cover. We run our rig naked a lot, the rig not us
I'd recommend however that if you do decide to run the rig while naked that you use seat covers... :LOL:

I have leather seats. Love the leather. I've never used seat covers in any of my other vehicles. It did buy Bartact seat covers for the jeep though.

I figured it would be a good idea to cover the seats in the summer when it's hot and I've got the doors off. Keep the leather in better condition and since the jeep is always parked outside at home or at work on a farm, I'd keep the inside less dusty.

Put the covers on once to try them out. Didn't like the feel and even though I got cool color matching covers, I liked the look of the leather better. So now I've got a few hundred dollars of covers in a box in my basement.

They fit really well and they did look good, so I'm not discouraging anyone who wants them, they're just not for me. I'll try them again next summer though as I do want to preserve the interior. But also after hearing about everyone else's interiors holding up well, I'm not as concerned.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'd recommend however that if you do decide to run the rig while naked that you use seat covers... :LOL:

I have leather seats. Love the leather. I've never used seat covers in any of my other vehicles. It did buy Bartact seat covers for the jeep though.

I figured it would be a good idea to cover the seats in the summer when it's hot and I've got the doors off. Keep the leather in better condition and since the jeep is always parked outside at home or at work on a farm, I'd keep the inside less dusty.

Put the covers on once to try them out. Didn't like the feel and even though I got cool color matching covers, I liked the look of the leather better. So now I've got a few hundred dollars of covers in a box in my basement.

They fit really well and they did look good, so I'm not discouraging anyone who wants them, they're just not for me. I'll try them again next summer though as I do want to preserve the interior. But also after hearing about everyone else's interiors holding up well, I'm not as concerned.
Lol... did you not see picture of our Jeep towels, we take them with us and use them in the summer months to keep our asses from getting scalded....:giggle:

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Lol... did you not see picture of our Jeep towels, we take them with us and use them in the summer months to keep our asses from getting scalded....:giggle:
So you do run the rig naked! I knew it! :turkey:

Obviousbicycleco

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
I’ve been looking for covers to cover my cloth Sahara seats, but I can’t find any awesome fitting Mexican blanket looking ones. Just crappy universal fit ones that look terrible.
Sponsored