First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Didn’t realize that was a thing anymore. I have never put seat covers on any of my vehicles.
Sponsored

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I've never had seat covers on any of my vehicles. But then again I usually buy leather seats and I'm sure not going to cover them with cheap covers....or expensive ones either. Just use your seats and if they wear THEN put seat covers on.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I have cloth seats and have no plans for seat covers. I spray my seats with Scotchgard periodically and vacuum frequently.
Ditto. I have the towel type covers only for when I go to the beach. The cloth on the seats seems to hold up well.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i never had seat cover in any vehicle that i've owned. however i would use seat covers if i had an older jeep that the seats have taken a beating over the years. i tend t have a darker color interior to hide any dirt, etc. and i clean up anything that drops on the seat quickly before it stains.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I have a little over 31k on my JL and haven’t had seat covers at all. I daily drive my wrangler and have been almost 2 years now, I have had 3 out of my 4 dogs on my front seat with no problems. I’ve also had it topless and doorless many times for days on end. They’ve gotten muddy, they’ve gotten dewy, but so far they’ve been holding up just fine. I condition them every so often and I think that’s what’s key. I posted a pic of my driver and passenger seat so you could see how my seats have held up.

A6B04402-24CD-4F87-965E-39ADE04EE6E0.jpeg

119F367D-A4A1-4909-B84E-E5A3F16737C8.jpeg

D624B9EB-050E-49C9-88A9-8EAB6CD35C68.jpeg

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered a new Wrangler and am contemplating not putting seat covers on it this time around. The reason is because I personally believe seats look better without being covered.

Have any of you NOT purchased seat covers for your Wrangler? Do the seats hold up well, or do they rub and look worn after a year or two? My wife and I are really clean, so the seats would be vacuumed and etc. My main concern is the material eroding/rubbing from getting in and out of the vehicle.

I know the seats in the 80's and even 90's would start to look really poor after a year or two and the seam closest to the doors would start to tear, but I'm hoping new seats are made with better materials and etc.

Please let me know your experiences.

Thank you.
I don't have them. My 2008 JK has never had them on its cloth seats. They've held up very well. I'm seeing some wear now, though, on the driver seat on the left side from sliding in and out. I think they've held up remarkably well, but time catches up to everything, eventually. I'm likely to have an upholstery shop fix it if it tears, but I might go to seat covers.

I've never used any kind of soap or shampoo on the seat cloth. Only water and a towel. The fabric was called Yes Essentials, and that's what they advised. I am not sure if the JL's fabric is as good or what is recommended for stains or spots. For now, I'll just do the same thing to clean them.

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I have to agree with many others .. I did not get leather to cover them. What's the point? The seats to outlast the vehicle? Nah.. I'll use em up and if they don't hold up just get them recovered. Now to answer mine is not a DD and over a year + they look like & smell new but it does stay in a garage most of the time so may not be helpful to you. I also don't have kids (no young ones) and usually do not have my pups (yes 3 of them) in this vehicle.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
1½ years no seat covers. Cant cover the beautiful leather seats and hide the Rubicon stitching with a cheap seat cover.

Seats still look brand new, just keep em' clean.
^ This. 25,000 miles and two summers in mine and they look great. I spray 303 on them a few times in the summer since I have the top down a lot.

Full disclosure, I hate seat covers. They remind me of my grandmother’s house in the 70’s - she covered all her living room furniture in clear plastic. Why????

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I got CarHart canvas front seat covers because I love the texture, water repellancy, and aroma of canvas.. wish canvas, or heavy duty vinyl was an option ..

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I don't have CLEAR PLASTIC COVERS on my home couch and I don't use SEAT COVERS on my JL LEATHER SEATS-!

W.E.

JIMBO

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I got CarHart canvas front seat covers because I love the texture, water repellancy, and aroma of canvas.. wish canvas, or heavy duty vinyl was an option ..
i love the carhart products. now you are making me think about getting a carhart seat cover. thanks a lot. pal.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i would have to go with black to match everything else, including my carhart coat.

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
I'm at 2 months in, no seat covers and in the middle of salt central aka canada and no covers, doin just fine.
Sponsored