Anyone mounted LED lights to the OEM non-metal bumper

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Is the plastic piece between the bumper and grille still there?

Did you buy the mounts alone or light come with? If mount only, what size lightbar and measurement between brackets?

Did you install dedicated switch or use factory aux switches?

Thanks
The plastic piece is not there. It could be by trimming a slot. Haven’t gotten around to it.
The light bar is standard 30”.
The brackets were bought in the hardware section for $2.75 a piece.
I used one of the auxiliary switches that came with the car. Saved the reley and switch that came with the light. Wiring was a piece of cake.
The brackets are overkill, they won’t move, and like you said I used the bolts already in the frame. No drilling, no extra bolts.
Sponsored

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
The plastic piece is not there. It could be by trimming a slot. Haven’t gotten around to it.
The light bar is standard 30”.
The brackets were bought in the hardware section for $2.75 a piece.
I used one of the auxiliary switches that came with the car. Saved the reley and switch that came with the light. Wiring was a piece of cake.
The brackets are overkill, they won’t move, and like you said I used the bolts already in the frame. No drilling, no extra bolts.
Do you have a part number or link for the bracket?

Happy with the light bar?

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Do you have a part number or link for the bracket?

Happy with the light bar?
Like I said I bought it at Farm and Fleet. However below is a picture of the barcode which directed me to a wholesaler.
As for the light bar, I am very happy with it. It’s extremely bright, to the point that I actually angled a little upwards. Otherwise the patch of road in front of the car is too bright. It illuminates clearly half mile away and road signs pop up in the dark up to a mile ahead.

4C170EF6-F9D3-4C12-87A1-F0D9983FDAC8.jpeg

C820C3D2-F014-4BA7-A6D7-305D318CA92D.png
Sponsored