Sponsored

Anyone manage to get an AEV bumper yet?!

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Has anyone managed to get their hands on AEV’s JL bumpers? They have a “lottery system” on their site where you’re randomly selected for the chance of buying a set (ridiculous). I know some are out there in the wild as they sell their conversions at some dealerships.

I really just want the rear bumper/tire carrier, does anyone have one and can share their thoughts on it?

They’re by far the most aesthetic on the market in my opinion but the wait is getting out of hand.
Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
One of the dealerships in my area has two JLUR AEV conversions... The bumpers look cool, but man they are pricey! One of AEV conversions JL's at the dealership is listed at over $70k!

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
One of the dealerships in my area has two JLUR AEV conversions... The bumpers look cool, but man they are pricey! One of AEV conversions JL's at the dealership is listed at over $70k!
Usually they are over 70k.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Yup it’s gonna hurt the wallet. I had a tailgate mounted tire carrier on my jk but wished I had gone with a bumper mounted carrier. It worked great but i was always scared to come down on it when coming off a ledge and destroying my tailgate.

I know there stuff is always top notch but it’s been 3 years at this point!

Rgabon

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL with MT, PST, cold weather
Check with different AEV dealers as some may have in stock. I was able to get one in January that way.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone manage to get an AEV bumper yet?! 50CD35D7-A3CD-444A-852C-19595B478886

Sponsored

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Check with different AEV dealers as some may have in stock. I was able to get one in January that way.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone manage to get an AEV bumper yet?! 50CD35D7-A3CD-444A-852C-19595B478886
That’s a great idea dude I’m gonna give it a shot

Sarapicos JL

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I am considering pulling the trigger on the AEV rear bumper but, without the tire carrier option which, per the instructions, they warn you of clearance issues. Is it possible for you to take and share some pictures showing how close and how high the bumper sits just below the bottom of the spare?

Rgabon

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am considering pulling the trigger on the AEV rear bumper but, without the tire carrier option which, per the instructions, they warn you of clearance issues. Is it possible for you to take and share some pictures showing how close and how high the bumper sits just below the bottom of the spare?
8D45BD6C-D31F-47EE-B411-FCB6E8DC64CD.jpeg

A654E80E-E6FA-4198-9981-9845897DB238.jpeg

Sarapicos JL

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn it... this doesn't look good for me. One last measurement. How wide is the top of the bumper? My only hope (I think) is that the spacers on the tire carrier can push the tire out far enough so the bottom clears the bumper

Is it possible to take that photo/measurement please?

Next time you decide to come across the border, I will make sure to repay the favor with some local beer

Rgabon

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn it... this doesn't look good for me. One last measurement. How wide is the top of the bumper? My only hope (I think) is that the spacers on the tire carrier can push the tire out far enough so the bottom clears the bumper

Is it possible to take that photo/measurement please?

Next time you decide to come across the border, I will make sure to repay the favor with some local beer
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone manage to get an AEV bumper yet?! 467DB653-07F1-4D3E-A8BC-9AC85324CE6C
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone manage to get an AEV bumper yet?! B2E6DAA7-DC5C-4364-82F9-B0E35421A7B5

Sponsored

Sarapicos JL

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
damn it... there are not enough spacers to get that clearance from the stock carrier

thanks a lot for the pictures

Let me know when you ride through Ensenada so I can pay up

Rgabon

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bumper w/o the tire carrier is nothing special, imo. But together, the AEV bumper/carrier creates a lot of opportunities to carry stuff that you might normally have trouble doing, especially with a soft top. You can see the scene light and gas caddy in previous pics. When I go out this weekend the AEV setup will also carry a shovel in the shovel holster, trasharoo loaded with firewood, recovery boards, and a propane tank.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
I managed to find front and rear AEV bumpers. Wasn't super easy to find a place that had them in stock. I had to work down to the second page of Google searches to locate a dealer with them.

On a related note. Does anybody know if AEV's Hi-Lift jack and pull-pal mount for AEV's JK tirecarrier is compatible with the AEV JL tirecarrier?

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The bumper w/o the tire carrier is nothing special, imo. But together, the AEV bumper/carrier creates a lot of opportunities to carry stuff that you might normally have trouble doing, especially with a soft top. You can see the scene light and gas caddy in previous pics. When I go out this weekend the AEV setup will also carry a shovel in the shovel holster, trasharoo loaded with firewood, recovery boards, and a propane tank.
I hadn't heard that there was a shovel holster. Do you have pics with all of that gear attached?
Sponsored