Sponsored

Anyone leave their soft top on for cold seasons?

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Don't leave the OP guessing, what reasons? Try to give your experience and feedback to help him and others make an informed decision.
One of them has to be that with the hardtop you get Jeep's patented "automatic quick disconnect" rear defroster wiring. Unfortunately it isn't paired with a "quick reconnect", yet, so you need to spend the winter waiting for your dealer to get you a new window - just in time for Spring. ;)
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
One of them has to be that with the hardtop you get Jeep's patented "automatic quick disconnect" rear defroster wiring. Unfortunately it isn't paired with a "quick reconnect", yet, so you need to spend the winter waiting for your dealer to get you a new window - just in time for Spring. ;)
I've read about that feature quite a bit, seems like its just behind steering problems and cracked windshields.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Drove a number of ragtop Jeeps year around, in Wisconsin. The heater in every one would fry eggs.

No issue staying warm.

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
This is the first Jeep where i've had a soft top. I understand some pros/cons about this subject, but does anyone actually leave the soft tops on during cold seasons? Thoughts?
I run mine 24x7x365 in the cold and snowy Northeast. It's no problem at all - plenty durable against snow and there is way more than enough heater to keep you completely toasty. Total non-issue.

EJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport Altitude
Don't leave the OP guessing, what reasons? Try to give your experience and feedback to help him and others make an informed decision.
Mainly for the defroster and clearing snow, you can't use an ice scraper on the soft top windows. Also although it's anecdotal I feel like the hard top is warmer and quieter and also better for security.
Sponsored