Sponsored

Anyone know whats going on with Quadratec?

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I am in Sydney Australia and I have placed 3 orders with Quadratec.

The first item was very bulky and took only 8 days to arrive in the middle of the pandemic. Miracle!
They also provided a USD$100 voucher so that was nice of them.

The second order was some 3 months later and took 8 weeks to arrive. But it arrived.

I was unable to use the voucher for the second purchase as it had not yet arrived in the mail. I sent a query by email and was told I have to place an order by phone to utilise the voucher (so why did the web page say that is mailed???)

The third order was placed in January by phone and yes I was able to use the voucher. The site said "we are out of stock but stock is arriving in 2 days so it will be shipped then".

That message changed over and over again. It would push the date out by 2 weeks and every 2 weeks push it out by a further 2 weeks.

The item arrived after about 6 weeks so I got it.

Strangely, when I log into my account is says that I do not have any order history.
Sponsored

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Strangely, when I log into my account is says that I do not have any order history.
Mines doing the same thing. I need the order info for a warranty repair on my Soft Top. I'm hoping it's a glitch and will come back in the next couple of days and that they didn't accidently erase it all.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
Ive had an order that was "in stock" and is now backorder since October of last year. Idk what is up with them.
Similar. I ordered their brand aluminum roof rack in AUG that was 'in stock'. I got the rack but they failed to inform me that the brackets to attach it were out of stock. Now 7mo later I'm still waiting for them and twice they've moved the 'in stock' date.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Sounds like they were or being bought out. I never had a problem with them, on any orders or returns.
Pep Boys was sold and now that owner is splitting the parts store from the auto repair, effecting stocked parts.

Sponsored

Viking Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR. 2021 392 Wrangler.
I've had a Warn low grill guard hoop on backorder with them since about November. That part is out of stock everywhere so probably not their fault. When I check my orders though, it says I have none. No history, no backorders waiting to be filled.

JDChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Ordered a Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop on Friday, the 4th of March. It was delivered on Sunday the 6th.

DJ3033

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
I ordered stuff about 2 weeks ago. I immediately wanted it cancelled because a few items were wrong. Didn't matter, they sent it anyway, even though I tried contacting them via email/phone/live chat for the entire week and could not get a hold of anyone. Now, I received the items and trying to return the few items I didn't need. I've been waiting for nearly a week for an RMA and return label and still nothing. At this point it's a loss, and I'll possibly just do a charge back since this company is nearly impossible to contact.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
I do apologize that there are some people who are unable to view their order histories online in your accounts. We have integrated a new system that we have to load every order that was placed in our old system into this new one and we are actively loading all of the order histories into this new system.

People DO understand. If Quadratec can't get it, the item should be listed 'out of stock' or not offered for sale. I've never had an issue with them, but as of late it appears things have changed.

Another semi-local shop I've used in the past, https://ok4wd.com/
With this new system there were a few days the web stock was incorrect and they have been working diligently to have that corrected for items to have estimated ship times or if it is in stock.

We are training every day on this new system to be able to get back to our normal day to day to better serve you!

I do sincerely apologize for all of the troubles and the extended hold times that everyone has been experiencing.

Thank you
Hailey

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
I do apologize that there are some people who are unable to view their order histories online in your accounts. We have integrated a new system that we have to load every order that was placed in our old system into this new one and we are actively loading all of the order histories into this new system.

With this new system there were a few days the web stock was incorrect and they have been working diligently to have that corrected for items to have estimated ship times or if it is in stock.

We are training every day on this new system to be able to get back to our normal day to day to better serve you!

I do sincerely apologize for all of the troubles and the extended hold times that everyone has been experiencing.

Thank you
Hailey

Thanks for the update, I noticed all my purchase history is gone too. I hope that does come back as you restore the dbase on your new platform. I count on that info as Im sure many other do too.

I noticed my lengthy wish list managed to be imported into the new system.

Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I've had a cab cover and a dead pedal on back order since July last year, they still sell it online too, keep saying its coming in like 3 weeks, then the day before its supposed to ship, pus the date another 3 weeks. So frustrating.
Yup

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
For what it is worth, I have had great experiences with @Quadratec. I think that we all DO understand that supply chain has been in shambles and will continue to be that way for some time. I personally have some grace for suppliers given the circumstances.

That said, it does seem based on the comments in this thread that Quadratec could do a little better at managing expectations around stock arrival times posted on their website. I am sure they have a lot of uncertainty themselves around when they will receive orders but perhaps they just need to be a little more conservative in spirit of underpromise/overdeliver.

As an aside on topic of Supply Chain. Supply Chain issues are impacting us in the U.S. but it is more than just us. Our Australian, Japanese and European friends (yes, includes United Kingdom) have all experienced the similar challenges. Bottlenecks everywhere with a significant portion of them stemming from products sourced outside of the aformentioned locations.... [fill in the blanks]. Inconvenient? Yes. But a wake up call for us all!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, there. Just started my habaneros seeds for planting when warms up. The first section are Ghost peppers that have not came up yet. Under my grow lamp. Going to be hot. 🥵

Habenaero's.jpg

OP
OP
Riperoo

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
I have the Quadratec cab cover for JLU. Never used. If that's the one DM me and I'll save you some time and money.
Sent you a DM Q-tec dropped the ball again!! If you still have the cover I am most definitely interested.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
With Quadratec these days use their chat feature. Takes just a few minutes on hold, but they resolve the issue and you have a record of the conversation.

I have always liked them - very fast shipping and great selection. Since the pandemic (PA has had a lot of shutdown rules) their service has been mixed - lots of "in-stock" going "out-of-stock" when you order and ship times estimates being completely wrong. I have canceled every order that has gone out of stock.

I sent a few orders to Northridge and was incredibly happy. I though shipping (to New England) would be slow (as they are out West), but turns out they have a warehouse in Kentucky near Fedex and stuff came very fast to me (2-3 days). Better pricing than Quadratec on average.

I say both companies were very good, but Northridge lately has been better.

I shop both companies and order only items showing "in-stock" and based on price between the two. Never used Northridge customer service, but hear good things about them.
Sponsored