Sponsored

Anyone know what these are on the windshield?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Oh good grief lol. I bet a lot of people who live in cold areas don't have the cold weather group. That's a hilarious way to be cheap.
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure that if you have BOTH the Advanced Safety Group/ACC AND the cold weather package, you get these. Just one or the other, no need for the defroster ahead of the sensor(s). IE If you don't have the Safety group, there's no need to defrost that area. And, if you have the Safety group but don't live is a cold weather area, you don't need the defroster.
FWIW
I have them and I only have the adaptive cruise control group

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
I'd wager that if anyone with ACC (regardless of other packages) actually goes and looks real closely that they'll see these. I never noticed them and thought they were behind the box, and then I went and looked at lunch yesterday and "poof" they are there. They are tucked up there pretty well and are not that obvious.

I'd wager it has zero to do with cold weather group as having those defroster lines has nothing to do with the cold weather group and everything to do with the safety and functionality of the ACC system (I am guessing they actually turn on regardless of turning on the defroster, but that they turn on when the temperature is below a certain threshold).

-Tom

OP
OP
PocketsEmptied

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
I never noticed them and thought they were behind the box, and then I went and looked at lunch yesterday and "poof" they are there
And now you can never unsee them :(

Sponsored

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 Jeep has the safety group, advanced safety group, which I believe includes the adaptive cruise control, and it has the cold weather package. Mine does not look like this. Do as all a favour and go back to the dealer where there will be, most likely, a simple explanation for this non-factory contraption that you have here.
Thanks @Bryce you made me go back out there and check. You are right upon MUCH closer investigation, I do have them., I stand corrected.

merfiblue18

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Occupation
lab rat
I'd hate to think that FCA designed any system to look like that. It looks aftermarket, as in not neatly integrated. Are you the original owner? What do they look like from the front side?
Those look the same as the ones on the back window - connected to the defroster lines (pretty untechnical here) Are they the heater-uppers?
Sponsored