Sponsored

Anyone know what these are on the windshield?

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
The Jeep used to be owned by a government official and has a planted spy device to listen, track and monitor any movement by the vehicle.
I think our phones do a pretty good job of that.
Sponsored

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
My 21 JLR has the cold weather group but does not have the advanced safety group. It does not have this wire connecting to the windshield, so I guess we can reason that it is indeed part of the advanced safety group.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I have the advanced safety and cold weather package. I am curious to see if I have it on mine now. Will look on lunch hour.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
New for 2021 maybe?

I custom ordered and took possession of it 12 days ago with 4 miles on it, so pretty sure it came that way from the factory and the dealership didn't do any addons. I just found another thread on here with a photo of them, it was stated there that it's adaptive cruise related, if so I'd love to know in what sense.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/windshield-wires.68228/
I have adaptive cruise control on my 2019 Rubi, and those aren't on there...

EDIT - My bad, they are there after all, just smaller than I imagined and nearly impossible to see unless you are looking for them. :)

Last edited:

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
My 2021 Jeep has the safety group, advanced safety group, which I believe includes the adaptive cruise control, and it has the cold weather package. Mine does not look like this. Do as all a favour and go back to the dealer where there will be, most likely, a simple explanation for this non-factory contraption that you have here.

Sponsored

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
(Edited ... mine are outside the black box too ... I should have looked more closely, I thought they were behind the box)

It's what has been posted a few times ... they are the wires for the defroster if you have the adaptive cruise control. I have a 2019 JLUR with ACC (and cold weather, etc). From looking at the OP's pic when the windshield is folded down, it looks like the defroster is routed differently ... it looks like it covers a wider (either "improvement" or necessary for additional sensors (rain, hi-beam, etc).

Lane alert is actually housed in your taillights.

Last edited:

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2019 (build date April 2019) JLUR and I have these. I have the Cold Weather and Advanced Safety groups on mine.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone know what these are on the windshield? 20210823_091037

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
New for 2021 maybe?

I custom ordered and took possession of it 12 days ago with 4 miles on it, so pretty sure it came that way from the factory and the dealership didn't do any addons. I just found another thread on here with a photo of them, it was stated there that it's adaptive cruise related, if so I'd love to know in what sense.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/windshield-wires.68228/
I have a 2021 wrangler JLU with adaptive cruise control and I don't have anything like that on mine. I'm curious as to what these are!

Sponsored

SluggoTN

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Same here. All safety add ons and no attachments on the windshield on my Rubicon.
Pretty sure that if you have BOTH the Advanced Safety Group/ACC AND the cold weather package, you get these. Just one or the other, no need for the defroster ahead of the sensor(s). IE If you don't have the Safety group, there's no need to defrost that area. And, if you have the Safety group but don't live is a cold weather area, you don't need the defroster.
FWIW

TheMAnderson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L (sold), 2022 Tundra Limited Hybrid
Something dealer installed? Security or inventory tracking devices they forgot to remove?
I'm also betting it's something dealer installed. I have the advanced safety group and don't have this.

TheMAnderson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L (sold), 2022 Tundra Limited Hybrid
Pretty sure that if you have BOTH the Advanced Safety Group/ACC AND the cold weather package, you get these. Just one or the other, no need for the defroster ahead of the sensor(s). IE If you don't have the Safety group, there's no need to defrost that area. And, if you have the Safety group but don't live is a cold weather area, you don't need the defroster.
FWIW
I have both and don't have these

Deleted member 59498

Weird so many different answers. I have cold weather but manual and no safety at all.

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
FWIW
Yep
Sponsored