Sponsored

Anyone know what the two elastic straps are for?

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hey guys, the Jeep came with a set of Velcro straps that are used for the soft top when folding the top back to suborder/full top less.

…but what is this second set for? It’s elastic stretchy material with a single button clip easterner on it. Circled in red on the image:

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone know what the two elastic straps are for? D3400461-E80C-45E2-9C9A-351BF57E66DB
Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I take the bar off the rear window, roll up the window and put it in those loops. Then I snap them into the buttons inside the back of the soft top.
I use the Velcro straps to hold the rear seatbelts to the roll bar so they don't flap around.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
They're for rolling up your rear window, the "male" ends are on your roof, just near the take down latch.

If there is even 1 grain of sand on said window when you roll it up, it will scratch the shit out of it.

The velcro straps are for securing the soft top to the roll bar in case locks let go.

OP
OP

X-SoLjA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ahhhh didn’t even think about using them for holding up the rear window.

thanks guys, you da best 😊

Last edited:

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Pics of the rear window rolled up? I never knew it would do that or what the snap straps are for.

Sponsored

Ctayman

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I rolled my rear window up today for the first time, not sure it’s the best thing to do to the stiff green edge attachments strips on the window. Looks nice once it’s rolled up, helps to give the old school zipper top Jeep look. It provided some decent airflow in the back as well. That thick vinyl is also real bad about maintaining the distorted shape even once flattened back out. After trying it, I’ll just take the window out completely if I want the rear open, it’s going to be far better for the long term life for the window.
Sponsored