Sponsored

Anyone know if the Quadratec bike rack is any good?

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
I've got a 2019 JL Unlimited Sport in Mojito! and have a $300 gift card for Quadratec. I'm looking for a bike rack and that one looks pretty good for not needing the hitch extension to get past the Wrangler spare tire. I was looking at the one that carries 4 bikes, hoping it'll work well for my 3 sons and I. I'm also hoping it'll work with my wife's Honda Odyssey that also has a 2" hitch.

If it isn't good, are there any others that you'd recommend that I can buy from Quadratec?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I was looking at the one that carries 4 bikes
I purchased that one when I got my JK. Was barely able to fit 4 bikes on it. Wasted my money.

I went with a Saris Freedom 4 rack instead.

Sorry I can't recommend anything from Quadratec, since they don't sell a tray style carrier.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I've got a 2019 JL Unlimited Sport in Mojito! and have a $300 gift card for Quadratec. I'm looking for a bike rack and that one looks pretty good for not needing the hitch extension to get past the Wrangler spare tire. I was looking at the one that carries 4 bikes, hoping it'll work well for my 3 sons and I. I'm also hoping it'll work with my wife's Honda Odyssey that also has a 2" hitch.

If it isn't good, are there any others that you'd recommend that I can buy from Quadratec?

Do not skimp on bike racks, especially a 4 bike rack, they do not hold up especially with a stiff suspension like the wrangler. Also with the one you are looking at you cannot open the tail gate to get to the gear stored in there. I have the Thule Pro 2 XTR Quadratech sells the XT version,.

Note: that is only for 2 bikes but it is expandable for 4 bikes with a bolt on addition.

It is also well made and designed to last. Also it is rated for E-bikes which are 2-3 times heavier than non ebikes. So if you upgrade in the future you are good to go. Those other cheaper racks cannot haul e-bikes. The Thule is very Wrangler friendly allow access the tailgate to open when used with an extension and drop and it can even handle off road use.

I know this cost as much as some bikes but it is also an essential piece of equipment.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone know if the Quadratec bike rack is any good? bikes rear

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone know if the Quadratec bike rack is any good? Bike rack folded side

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone know if the Quadratec bike rack is any good? Bikes tilted gate open

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone know if the Quadratec bike rack is any good? side w-bikes

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone know if the Quadratec bike rack is any good? rack only gate open

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone know if the Quadratec bike rack is any good? Rack folded rear

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Thule Pro 2 XTR Quadratech sells the XT version,.

I know this cost as much as some bikes but it is also an essential piece of equipment.
I have the same Thule bike carrier, it's worth the investment!

Sponsored

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
I know you have the $$ elsewhere, but check out the Kuat bike racks. They are very sturdy. You will definitely need an extension (unless one is "built on" to a specific rack); a drop extension as shown above will allow you to fully open the rear door when you tip the unloaded bike rack down; very handy and a straight extension won't allow you to do that.

OP
OP

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Do not skimp on bike racks, especially a 4 bike rack, they do not hold up especially with a stiff suspension like the wrangler. Also with the one you are looking at you cannot open the tail gate to get to the gear stored in there. I have the Thule Pro 2 XTR Quadratech sells the XT version,.

Note: that is only for 2 bikes but it is expandable for 4 bikes with a bolt on addition.

It is also well made and designed to last. Also it is rated for E-bikes which are 2-3 times heavier than non ebikes. So if you upgrade in the future you are good to go. Those other cheaper racks cannot haul e-bikes. The Thule is very Wrangler friendly allow access the tailgate to open when used with an extension and drop and it can even handle off road use.

That Thule one looks nice. Do you know what the differences are between the XT and the XTR? I'm trying to find info online.

EDIT: found this question on Amazon that had the info. "The XT versions have cross trays and base spines that are slightly longer. This allows for more offset to fit various styles of Fat Bikes. Fat Bike frame design is continuously changing and we have to allow for that."

Last edited:

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
That Thule one looks nice. Do you know what the differences are between the XT and the XTR? I'm trying to find info online.

EDIT: found this question on Amazon that had the info. "The XT versions have cross trays and base spines that are slightly longer. This allows for more offset to fit various styles of Fat Bikes. Fat Bike frame design is continuously changing and we have to allow for that."
The XTR also has wheels for moving it around when not on vehicle.
Sponsored