Sponsored

Anyone Know How to Get This White Crap Off New Tire?

OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I'm usually a smartass, but in this instance, I say buy a nice tire cover. You won't see the white stripe anymore and you'll save your spare from UV damage.
Thought about that too but the rim is so pretty I hate to cover it up. I've got several things I'm going to try based on the suggestions I got on here
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
If the suggestions don't work I will just go out to the dealer and have them move it. It's 30 miles in semi bad traffic so was hoping to scrub it off.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Ditch the tires and get some MTs.

There, problem solved.

seriously though, its still under warranty right? Should be covered.:jk:

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Because it's on the spare tire and it's extremely obvious. Big white letters all the way around the whole tire.
Are you willing to put that tire on one of the wheels and use another tire as the spare? The letters should disappear soon after you start driving on the tire.

You can put it back as the spare once the letters have disappeared.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I was loading some stuff in the back of my new Wrangler today and noticed my spare has the white lettering. So I guess it never bothered me but my OCD level is not as high as others.

Last edited:
OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Update: The Goof Off did the best job. Nothing else worked. It still takes a fair about of scrubbing with a rough scrub pad, but I got most of it off the outer tread. No chance of getting it off down in the tread though. I've never seen tires marked up this bad. I'm not a happy camper at all. I usually get my tires from Tire Rack and I've never had this issue. This time I went through Koons Service and I get these terrible tires.

I think I will use the Sharpie method mentioned above on the inside white areas.

KIZEMAN

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4xe High Altitude - '18 Range Rover Sport SVR
I get it - drove me nuts too and I never plan to put the spare into rotation with the rest. Take 20 minutes and sharpie and don't look back!
Sponsored