Anyone keeping stock? Rubi wheels

BSw

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - 2015 Ford Mustang - 2018 Volvo S90
Running stock rubi rims for now.. on 37s. No issues at all-been great. Hit the Rubicon trail in July and been to the Oceana Dunes in Pismo Beach Ca. multiple times.

4E31F48F-F797-4507-B20B-4056EAED977F.jpeg
Where did you get yours mounted, hard time finding a shop in Sacramento that wants to mount 37's on a 7.5 wheel
Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Where did you get yours mounted, hard time finding a shop in Sacramento that wants to mount 37's on a 7.5 wheel
4 wheel parts should install a the tires if you buy from them-that is what I did-ad they had a great price on my tires last year. . Any independent tire shop should have no problem as well..my 37s are BFGs - they run a bit small and mine are 12.50 wide- not 13.50 wide

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
If I ever get my Rubi, I'm planning on keeping stock. I might throw a spacer on just to push the tires out an inch or so, but other than that stock. Maybe someday in several years I might lift and put on larger tires, but it would have to be my toy vehicle and not DD for that to happen. I think a bone stock Rubicon is way more off road capable than many people give it credit for. I'm also pretty sure that it would be more than capable for anything I'd throw at it off road. However, I had an '07 JKU that I lifted 4" and put 37s on, and regretted because it really killed the on road ability as well as killed my mpgs ;)

And I like the stock JLUR wheels quite a bit. I hate them in pics, but they look great in person. I think I'd probably paint them all black though pretty quickly, but also might play around with bronze as well. :)

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
And I like the stock JLUR wheels quite a bit. I hate them in pics, but they look great in person. I think I'd probably paint them all black though pretty quickly, but also might play around with bronze as well. :)
If the day comes and you're looking to go the all black route, you might try to find a Moab owner looking to swap, as that's exactly what they are. Of course they also come with M/T's, so you'd have to work that part out.
Personally I like the Rubi wheels a lot more than the Moabs.

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
So after a week of aftermarket wheels and 315/70/17 tires, I have decided to go back to stock.

There's a definite difference in acceleration and MPGs.

I will keep the 35s for UT/AZ trips, however, for 90% of my driving, I prefer the stock setup.
Mine are coming off too. Everyone told me switch to the KO2 they are much lighter than the Nittos-it will make a difference. But i didn't want to have to lay out more money for tires and then have another set that I have to sell.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I do t get how everyone is running 35s and think it’s fine. Does everyone just accept the loss of power? It’s been annoying me.
I know you feel it less on an automatic but certainly there is some degree of change in performance??

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
I do t get how everyone is running 35s and think it’s fine. Does everyone just accept the loss of power? It’s been annoying me.
I know you feel it less on an automatic but certainly there is some degree of change in performance??
Your right, I run 37's at the trail head and stock Rubicon tires and wheels everywhere else.. its always a compromise, it would be next to impossible (without major damage) to run stock tires on most trails I like to hit in the Sierras with stock rims and tires.. And it is terrible to run 37's on the highway and expect them to handle (and get high MPGs) like 32's..

It all depends on what floats your boat... for me, I have to have 2 sets.. I wont compromise on either side of the argument.

hope that helps..

TC
Sponsored