Sponsored

Anyone irritated by the size of the footwell?

Geez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2019
I love my Jeep, but can't help lament about the size of the footwell (for right hand drives), especially when going on longer trips.

I don't have the biggest feet (size 9) but often wonder how others cope with such a small space.
There was a US thread not too long ago where members were posting recommended dead pedals - I could only look on with envy.

Just curious what others do, and if it irritates them,
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: GtX

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Are the passenger side (US) footwells smaller than the driver side? I have the same size feet as you and feel like there is plenty of space for my left foot to roam about as it pleases...

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Agreed, I have a size 14 shoe and there is barely any room in the well. Driving a manual wasn't even an option.

OP
OP
Geez

Geez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the passenger side (US) footwells smaller than the driver side? I have the same size feet as you and feel like there is plenty of space for my left foot to roam about as it pleases...
Its all to do with the space between the break pedal and the sides of the centre console. If it was a left hand drive, the additional space would be amazing.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I have Sasquatch feet, so the narrow footwell is definitely noticeable to me. Still not accustomed to it after 6 months.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I quickly learnt to wear running shoes or Volleys when driving my Jeep. I am size 9 or 10 and with those I have plenty of space.

OP
OP
Geez

Geez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I quickly learnt to wear running shoes or Volleys when driving my Jeep. I am size 9 or 10 and with those I have plenty of space.
Now I feel a tad greedy for wanting more space - you seem to have no problem 🤔.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Now I feel a tad greedy for wanting more space - you seem to have no problem 🤔.
If you guys drove on the right side of the road you wouldn’t have this problem! ;)

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I have big feet. I only just ordered a new Rubicon yesterday but I instantly remembered about the footwell size from my JK I used to own when I test drove the JL. It was the first thing! It's annoying but I did get used to it in the JK.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I love my Jeep, but can't help lament about the size of the footwell (for right hand drives), especially when going on longer trips.

I don't have the biggest feet (size 9) but often wonder how others cope with such a small space.
There was a US thread not too long ago where members were posting recommended dead pedals - I could only look on with envy.

Just curious what others do, and if it irritates them,
If you think the Jeep has a small footwell, try a BMW 3 or 4 series. I wear size 11 shoes and have no issues. Although, I have no experience with RHD anything.

Sponsored

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I've only had Jeeps since 2001, I think my left foot is smaller than the right now ;) Honestly though I don't notice it anymore, haven't for many years and I regularly wear work boots or Dr Martens (Wide sole) with no problems.

Jeepster_Aus

First Name
Renier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I'm getting used to it, it's not too bad. My biggest gripe is that there's no footrest for the left leg, that would make it so much more comfortable. I may look at putting in a few nutserts for attaching some kind of footrest.

OP
OP
Geez

Geez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm getting used to it, it's not too bad. My biggest gripe is that there's no footrest for the left leg, that would make it so much more comfortable. I may look at putting in a few nutserts for attaching some kind of footrest.
If you go ahead, please let me know how it works out for you!

Ableowl

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Overland JL
I have size 6 womens feet so basically kids sized and i find the foot well cramped. Probably doesn’t help how close I have to sit to the wheel.
LHD would definitely be better.

OP
OP
Geez

Geez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have size 6 womens feet so basically kids sized and i find the foot well cramped. Probably doesn’t help how close I have to sit to the wheel.
LHD would definitely be better.
Definitely cramped on a RHD vehicle - shame, but one can only dream of a LHD with a dead mans pedal
Sponsored