Sponsored

Anyone installed the Rubicon Express 2" Economy lift?

TheSimonw

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Anyone install the Rubicon Express 2" Economy lift yet, the one without the sick extension? If so, how do you like/hate it?

Second question, if it was installed on a JLU Sport S, what are the biggest tires you child fit on the stock rims? (Without the lift I understand the consensus is 285/70/17...?)

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Just had the 2” RE economy lift with* shock extensions installed. Love it so far. Ride is great, might as well be stock. Running 315/70/17 BFG KO2s on stock wheels. Plenty of room, no rubbing at all. Smittybilt relocation bracket took care of the clearance issues on the sport bumper.

9B994AFF-12E3-47BF-99E9-E0C48F816F22.jpeg

701AEFC4-A5CA-4965-A4C0-87907C83EC6D.jpeg

DD3F9989-B233-4626-8174-41CB7E514C1A.jpeg

614E3B36-9F07-4903-BDBC-74E3DF23B5FA.jpeg

bikepsych

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Looks great! Did you do the install or have someone else do it? Am very tempted, but don't know what special tools are going to be necessary.
BG

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! Did you do the install or have someone else do it? Am very tempted, but don't know what special tools are going to be necessary.
BG
Thanks! I had 4WheelParts do the install. It’s a pretty straight forward kit. However, if anything happens to go wrong, I have like a 30k mile warranty on labor, lifetime warranty from RE on parts. Great for peace of mind, and the staff at my local store are great.

They had the kit installed, spare relocation bracket, 5 tires mounted, and alignment done in about 4 hours. Two weeks later I took it in to make sure everything was properly torqued. No problems.

Bingy

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Thanks! I had 4WheelParts do the install. It’s a pretty straight forward kit. However, if anything happens to go wrong, I have like a 30k mile warranty on labor, lifetime warranty from RE on parts. Great for peace of mind, and the staff at my local store are great.

They had the kit installed, spare relocation bracket, 5 tires mounted, and alignment done in about 4 hours. Two weeks later I took it in to make sure everything was properly torqued. No problems.
Did you notice any axle shift front and rear? Hate one tire sticking out farther than the other. Need to plan if adj track bars are needed with this Rubicon Express kit.

Sponsored

EMJeep

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Did you notice any axle shift front and rear? Hate one tire sticking out farther than the other. Need to plan if adj track bars are needed with this Rubicon Express kit.
I have not noticed that. I’m one to pay extreme attention to detail as well. I have since put on some wheel spacers and it was very even all the way around.

csoles24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I have not noticed that. I’m one to pay extreme attention to detail as well. I have since put on some wheel spacers and it was very even all the way around.
Which wheel spacers did you get? I bought G2 wheel spacers and they don't fit my JL

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Has anyone installed this themselves? I really wanna do it but not sure of the process.
Sponsored