Sponsored

Anyone installed the new Teraflex front trackbar...?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I think the problem is you are thinking there should be no rotational movement. Different types of bushings are designed to have this misalignment. I think the teraflex ones just have more than needed for this application. If the sleeve was rotating (not tight enoug) it would also move up and down or left and right.

I’m far from an expert, just thinking out loud per say.
I'm not saying there should be no rotational movement, I'm saying there should be no rotational movement between the bushing spacer and the bracket. If they were to introduce misalignment into these joints, the spacer should be clamped tight by the bracket like a vise, and it's the softer bushing itself is what twists around the spacer.
Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The diagram is a perfect pictorial of what you are explaining, but I don’t feel there is spacer rotation, I feel it is that the bushing itself has so much free rotation that the trackbar itself its hitting the mounts causing the clanking....if it was that loose that the spacer was rotating it would also move left, right, up, and down - which it doesn’t on my jeep.

Again, I’m 100% not arguing with you because I don’t know....I’m here because the clanking made me wonder why . On the flip side my jeep definitely drives better now than before, and I don’t think it would if there was that kind of movement in the “spacer” which kinda agrees with teraflex saying that it is by design.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I wish you were closer so I could take a look in person. I checked four jeeps and half have aftermarket track bars. None of them had rotational slack like the videos show. A draglink or tie rod can have some flop and still do it’s job but yours seems loose in the bracket.

Brett

Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I wish you were closer so I could take a look in person. I checked four jeeps and half have aftermarket track bars. None of them had rotational slack like the videos show. A draglink or tie rod can have some flop and still do it’s job but yours seems loose in the bracket.

Brett
I agree, tie rod and drag link have ball joints intended to have some rotation. A track bar should be solid in mounting points and let the bushing do its minimal rotation required for track bar.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
This is wrong, trackbar is moving around the bushing hence the “clank”
The "clank" is from metal to metal contact.
The bushing spacer or sleeve however you want to call it, is metal.
The bracket is metal.
Bushing is made out of rubber or some type of polymer material.

Make your own deductions.

Capture.JPG

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yeah that's not normal. Something is off there. I have there IR control arms and they don't sound like that :whew::CWL:[/QUOTE]
I have all eight of their IR control arms as well and it’s comparing apples to oranges. My OEM track bar entire ride had the exact same movement. Mine has the same movement and works perfectly fine, I never hear a clunking when I’m driving on or off road. He may have a defective truck but I trust TeraFlex when he may have a defective truck by but I trust TeraFlex, not many companies put as much research and development into jeep parts as they do they say it’s normal. Not many companies put as much research and development into their parts as Teraflex does.

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Yeah that's not normal. Something is off there. I have there IR control arms and they don't sound like that :whew::CWL:
I have all eight of their IR control arms as well and it’s comparing apples to oranges. My OEM track bar entire ride had the exact same movement. Mine has the same movement and works perfectly fine, I never hear a clunking when I’m driving on or off road. He may have a defective truck but I trust TeraFlex when he may have a defective truck by but I trust TeraFlex, not many companies put as much research and development into jeep parts as they do they say it’s normal. Not many companies put as much research and development into their parts as Teraflex does.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to be rude but what?.?.?....

Reactions: eck

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hey guys, another update.
Following TF's instructions, I went back and tightened everything down more again, to the point of almost stripping my bolts.
Finally starting to narrow down where the movement is occurring.
It appears that the pinch bolts only tightens around the inner thread over the pinch sleeve.
The outer thread between the joint and the pinch sleeve is still loose and has movement.
TF already told me that the gap between frame side bracket and their bushing sleeve is normal.
My axle side bracket and joint is tight.
This means that the clank is caused by the loose thread between the axle side joint and pinch sleeve, and the frame side bracket and bushing sleeve.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hey guys, another update.
Following TF's instructions, I went back and tightened everything down more again, to the point of almost stripping my bolts.
Finally starting to narrow down where the movement is occurring.
It appears that the pinch bolts only tightens around the inner thread over the pinch sleeve.
The outer thread between the joint and the pinch sleeve is still loose and has movement.
TF already told me that the gap between frame side bracket and their bushing sleeve is normal.
This means that the clank is caused by the loose thread between the axle side joint and pinch sleeve, and the frame side bracket and bushing sleeve.

Capture.JPG
I think the slots are supposed to be aligned in order to tighten correctly.

teraflex 1.PNG

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L

freddiegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I figured that but multiple other company's do prefer it is done that way. Synergy for sure is one i can think of. It'll take 5 minutes to try.
Sure, I can definitely try it, but doesn't make sense since that will change my track bar length if I turn the pinch sleeve to align. I bought into the TF track bar because of the beauty of minute adjustment that could be made on the vehicle.
Could have just went with a jam nut design and avoided all these issues.
Sponsored