Sponsored

Anyone installed the new Teraflex front trackbar...?

JL_Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2016 Husqvarna FE350S
Occupation
Computer Geek
I noticed what may be an issue described by the folks here. Found a really good example of it - . Is anyone else seeing this with a Teraflex track bar?
Installed mine 2 weeks ago and this is exactly what mine does as well.
Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Wow. This is disheartening to read. I should have researched rather than just take a shop’s word on what they recommend. I have a front and rear Teraflex TB pending install. That’s a fair amount of money to spend to only have issues.

Are there any positive JL experiences?

FireWorxFire

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fireworxfire.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. This is disheartening to read. I should have researched rather than just take a shop’s word on what they recommend. I have a front and rear Teraflex TB pending install. That’s a fair amount of money to spend to only have issues.

Are there any positive JL experiences?
Yes there are positive experiences. Read back a page on our TB issues with Teraflex. The good news.... still no issues and a lot of changes to the JL have taken place since last post. Our 18 JL is dialed in so well I don't like driving anything else anymore. Such a pleasure.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Has @TeraFlex addressed this issue yet? Anyone know if they updated their bushing?
Seemed like an easy fix with correct width spacers in the bushing..

Some backstory on mine, I was one of the first posters exposing this problem.
My first Teraflex TB was making flopping noises (videos in this thread) so I warrantied it through Teraflex and they sent me another. Service was top notch.

My 2nd TB started to develop this problem again a few months in.

Currently, my 2nd TB is noisy as hell and makes all sort of clicks and clanks as I turn the steering wheel. Even my dealers and alignment shops has warned me against safety repercussions if I continue to drive it as is.

(My dealer also threaten to void my warranties if I have not addressed it next time I bring it in for service)

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Mine makes all kinds of weird noises. If I'm parked and I rock the steering wheel back and forth I get a clicking from the adjuster/clamp. I have tried like a dozen times to reset/retorque things and it doesn't really help much. Plus no matter what I do, I have a mild, intermittent wobble that I am almost positive is coming from the track bar.

I am currently shopping for a replacement because I'm tired of dealing with it. Leaning towards Rock Krawler because it's just a giant solid rod, and I would rather have a jam nut at this point than a clamp on the adjuster. I can just set it once to the current length of the teraflex bar and red loctite it into place.
To follow up on this, I did end up replacing the Teraflex track bar with the Rock Krawler one. Getting the jam nut torqued down to ~300 lbft sucked but it was well worth the struggle. No more weird noises and no more wobble.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Has @TeraFlex addressed this issue yet? Anyone know if they updated their bushing?
Seemed like an easy fix with correct width spacers in the bushing..

Some backstory on mine, I was one of the first posters exposing this problem.
My first Teraflex TB was making flopping noises (videos in this thread) so I warrantied it through Teraflex and they sent me another. Service was top notch.

My 2nd TB started to develop this problem again a few months in.

Currently, my 2nd TB is noisy as hell and makes all sort of clicks and clanks as I turn the steering wheel. Even my dealers and alignment shops has warned me against safety repercussions if I continue to drive it as is.

(My dealer also threaten to void my warranties if I have not addressed it next time I bring it in for service)
That’s so assuring as I stare at a boxed set of front and rear Teraflex track bars here. If I had something to compare to, I could measure the sleeve with a dial caliper to see if there’s been a change. Perhaps compare other aspects as well if needed.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
That’s so assuring as I stare at a boxed set of front and rear Teraflex track bars here. If I had something to compare to, I could measure the sleeve with a dial caliper to see if there’s been a change. Perhaps compare other aspects as well if needed.
When did you buy yours? Likely won't know there is an issue until you install them, and a few weeks in.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
When did you buy yours? Likely won't know there is an issue until you install them, and a few weeks in.
I received them in February.

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
I received them in February.
My second one came in February and it’s jacked up. They say it’s on back order for over 6 weeks now.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
My second one came in February and it’s jacked up. They say it’s on back order for over 6 weeks now.
Sorry to hear. Can you be more specific about your issue? Thanks

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Well please do report back if you decide to install.
I'm curious if newer batches still have issues..
I will. When I was getting quotes from local installers, one popular one wanted to install these. Thinking they don’t want comebacks, I felt safe ordering these and installing them myself since they never returned my call to come up with a total for the job.

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Well please do report back if you decide to install.
I'm curious if newer batches still have issues..
I just installed a ct3 lift which comes with this track bar 2 weeks ago. I also noticed the play before seeing this thread and called TF and was told it was normal. I also can’t fully install my synergy track bar brace due to how they use a tear drop end on the tb.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I just installed a ct3 lift which comes with this track bar 2 weeks ago. I also noticed the play before seeing this thread and called TF and was told it was normal. I also can’t fully install my synergy track bar brace due to how they use a tear drop end on the tb.
Apparently they said that you can grind away the extra tear drop material as it was part of the forging process. But should not affect integrity of the joint.

Murph-NH

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So I talked to Teraflex and you CAN 100% remove the end for the synergy track bar brace like mentioned before and not face a lack of support in the future by removing the tip. Also they attached a picture of the joint and it is normal to have the play and sound. Here is their explanation on the joint “That’s the movement in the metal hiem joints so that the joints will not bind or break as the suspension cycles up and down as the bar twists under load. I’ve attached a picture of what the axle end joint looks like inside, it has a centering pin that stops the track bar from over rotating. The noise that can be heard is the movement of the pin in the joint rocking back and forth in the groove. However, if the noise is a concern we have a sleeve and a rubber bushing that can be installed in place of one of the metal joints.” I hate when people get an answer and never update a post so people are always left wondering if they have a problem or not. So I will grind down the end and carry on with life lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed the new Teraflex front trackbar...? 1617813929479
Sponsored