Sponsored

Anyone installed the new Teraflex front trackbar...?

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Update:

So Teraflex TB #3 is on and starting to make those same sounds. I had borrowed a Rough Country one from JLLIFE and there were no issues for a week. No sounds, smooth, quiet, and no issues. So now I am on the fence as to what I should do. Do I just change TB brands?
I would and did. Don’t like the noise and it’s not normal imho. Luckily resale is good. I chose the steer smarts and love it.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Update:

So Teraflex TB #3 is on and starting to make those same sounds. I had borrowed a Rough Country one from JLLIFE and there were no issues for a week. No sounds, smooth, quiet, and no issues. So now I am on the fence as to what I should do. Do I just change TB brands?
My teraflex TB #2 is now making the same noise again. Noticible clanking when I turn the steering wheel. Not sure what I can do. Any update with yours?

FireWorxFire

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fireworxfire.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
My teraflex TB #2 is now making the same noise again. Noticible clanking when I turn the steering wheel. Not sure what I can do. Any update with yours?
So...
I am on TB#3 and all is good. But... here are 2 things that changed which seemed to help the issue.
1) Get the trackbar front axle bracket.
2) Torque to 150ft lbs on the upper and lower mounts.
The combo of these 2 things resulted in zero noise and a very very solid trackbar. I think it is a combination of issues including over torqued bolts when wrenching them to factory spec. The other part is on mine we noticed the lower axle mount had to pinch, bend, to create a clean solid contact with the trackbar bushing. With the lower bracket it is designed by Teraflex for Teraflex.

That is how we solved my issues, 3 TBs later, but I am super stoked with the end result.

Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
So...
I am on TB#3 and all is good. But... here are 2 things that changed which seemed to help the issue.
1) Get the trackbar front axle bracket.
2) Torque to 150ft lbs on the upper and lower mounts.
The combo of these 2 things resulted in zero noise and a very very solid trackbar. I think it is a combination of issues including over torqued bolts when wrenching them to factory spec. The other part is on mine we noticed the lower axle mount had to pinch, bend, to create a clean solid contact with the trackbar bushing. With the lower bracket it is designed by Teraflex for Teraflex.

That is how we solved my issues, 3 TBs later, but I am super stoked with the end result.
Factory hardware at 150 ft lbs?

FireWorxFire

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fireworxfire.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Factory hardware at 150 ft lbs?
Yes and no. If you read Teraflex instructions for just the trackbar it states what Jeep states, 52ft lbs +115 top and 52ft lbs +155 bottom bolt. Each bolt varies some when using degrees on top of ft lbs, but those figures averaged near 175ft lbs for me factory. When we did this there was clicking noises from trackbar. Once the bracket went in, the torque changed per instructions from Teraflex to 150ft lbs on the lower using their hardware.
That is how we came to a new conclusion. The factory mounting brackets with TF trackbar torqued to 175+ may be crushing the inner sleeve. Just a theory as 2 trackbars did exactly the same thing each time. The third trackbar replaced was no different until we added the bracket and torqued to 150ft lbs. *** NOTE: I ended up replacing the upper bolt to higher grade like Teraflex lower. Then changed again when I added the Synergy Sector Shaft Brace with their hardware. The trackbar has come off about 4 times over the last few months due to more suspension changes but torqued each time to 150ft lbs and is still quiet!

I would recommend to add the bracket, use their hardware, change upper bolt to same grade, and torque to 150ft lbs. Sucks spending $280 on a trackbar and add another $80 for the bracket. But in the end it has been worth it. Zero issues and I highly trust the trackbar along with all of my Teraflex parts. This Jeep is used for both work, daily, towing camper, and heavy wheeling.

luna4x4

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced this track bar a year after owning it because I was getting a knocking sound that was audible from inside the jeep when off-roading. My track bar had front to back play in it when I installed it but it never caused a knocking sound until a couple of weeks ago.

I replaced it with a Rancho adjustable track bar and the sound went away.

Gear_AU

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
OK, so I've been chasing a Death Wobble issue on my JL over the last couple of days. I had a noise in the front end when shaking the car side to side and could hear/feel the knock in the Teraflex Trackbar so decided to put the stock back on. Just wanted to check if this is how the bush are for others, one side has movement only really in one direction. I'm wondering if a bush has been damaged creating movement.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Mine clunks pretty loudly just while sitting in park and rocking the steering wheel back and forth. I'm pretty sure it's coming from slop in the adjustment mechanism. I sometimes get a tiny bit of wobble on the road as well. I'm gonna end up swapping it out for something else as soon as I can make up my mind and choose a new one.

Sponsored

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Overall I am a huge TeraFlex fan. But for some reason they buggered up this track bar. Mine didn’t work either. Gave up. Purchased the yeti steer smarts love it. Dead quiet. Awesome solid feeling.

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
Hey guys, another update.
Following TF's instructions, I went back and tightened everything down more again, to the point of almost stripping my bolts.
Finally starting to narrow down where the movement is occurring.
It appears that the pinch bolts only tightens around the inner thread over the pinch sleeve.
The outer thread between the joint and the pinch sleeve is still loose and has movement.
TF already told me that the gap between frame side bracket and their bushing sleeve is normal.
My axle side bracket and joint is tight.
This means that the clank is caused by the loose thread between the axle side joint and pinch sleeve, and the frame side bracket and bushing sleeve.

Capture.JPG
This is the exact movement I have form your video and I hate the clanking noise when I turn I’m in my second IR trackbar in two days

ronrodriguez114

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I noticed what may be an issue described by the folks here. Found a really good example of it - . Is anyone else seeing this with a Teraflex track bar? It's causing a clunk noise when I turn left or go over any sort of bump. There is only 5k miles on this track bar, overall my Jeep has 6.3k miles on it... seems shotty.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Mine doesn’t do that, it’s smooth and silent.. I just bought a really Flextronics lift and was thinking getting something with more misalignment

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
I noticed what may be an issue described by the folks here. Found a really good example of it - . Is anyone else seeing this with a Teraflex track bar? It's causing a clunk noise when I turn left or go over any sort of bump. There is only 5k miles on this track bar, overall my Jeep has 6.3k miles on it... seems shotty.
Mine makes all kinds of weird noises. If I'm parked and I rock the steering wheel back and forth I get a clicking from the adjuster/clamp. I have tried like a dozen times to reset/retorque things and it doesn't really help much. Plus no matter what I do, I have a mild, intermittent wobble that I am almost positive is coming from the track bar.

I am currently shopping for a replacement because I'm tired of dealing with it. Leaning towards Rock Krawler because it's just a giant solid rod, and I would rather have a jam nut at this point than a clamp on the adjuster. I can just set it once to the current length of the teraflex bar and red loctite it into place.
Sponsored