Sponsored

Anyone installed the new Teraflex front trackbar...?

James Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Eyeing this one... any experience with this trackbar?

Thanks!
JC
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350

Thanks!
JC
We haven’t installed one yet. Everyone seems to want the MC that comes with their lift or the steer smart one

Brett

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I installed it last night. It is a really heavy, well made track bar. I just need to now adjust it, waiting on the 1 3/8 wrench I ordered to do just that.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Thanks!
JC
I have one, mainly chose it because it’s adjustable on the vehicle without removing it once installed. Plus, TeraFlex make some high-quality Componants, I love their stuff!! Fit and finish is always perfect!!

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I have one, mainly chose it because it’s adjustable on the vehicle without removing it once installed. Plus, TeraFlex make some high-quality Componants, I love their stuff!! Fit and finish is always perfect!!
Yes, this track bar was heavy duty, finished well and definitely high-quality.

Sponsored

mlangs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal
Installed the teraflex track bar last week after 6 month of using only the 2.2 stabilizer. The trackbar feels 2x heavier than stock. Nicely finished. The stabilizer reduced most of the steering wobble over road potholes and bumps, the trackbar makes the steering even more stable over bumps.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Adjusted it today. It was a piece of cake! As long as you have the right sized wrench you're golden. Takes quite a few turns to "dial it in," at least in my case it did.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
@NPE102414 @Chipe
The Teraflex track bar arrived the other day.
You guys aren't kidding..
Holy molly is this beefy.
I mean it doesn't look it, but damn that thing is solid and heavy.
And sexy too with forming and everything, can't wait to install it.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
@NPE102414 @Chipe
The Teraflex track bar arrived the other day.
You guys aren't kidding..
Holy molly is this beefy.
I mean it doesn't look it, but damn that thing is solid and heavy.
And sexy too with forming and everything, can't wait to install it.
Installed yet? Thoughts?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Installed yet? Thoughts?
I have one and love it but I’m having clearance issues with my stabilizer because of the clamp bolts, also won’t work with the Synergy sector shaft brace because of the way it’s pointed at the bushing ends instead of rounded like almost every other track bar on the market. I’m replacing mine with the Steer Smarts track bar and I’m not happy about it because I really like the Teraflex track bar. Mine will be for sale as soon as Santa brings me my new track bar.

908704AE-F445-4462-85E6-0FEA2F9D6D84.jpeg

Sponsored

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I have one and love it but I’m having clearance issues with my stabilizer because of the clamp bolts, also won’t work with the Synergy sector shaft brace because of the way it’s pointed at the bushing ends instead of rounded like almost every other track bar on the market. I’m replacing mine with the Steer Smarts track bar and I’m not happy about it because I really like the Teraflex track bar. Mine will be for sale as soon as Santa brings me my new track bar.

908704AE-F445-4462-85E6-0FEA2F9D6D84.jpeg
Really it’s hitting the falcon stabilizer? Won’t the steersmarts be more obtrusive with clamp bolt design they have? Where’s is it making contact with stabilizer?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Really it’s hitting the falcon stabilizer? Won’t the steersmarts be more obtrusive with clamp bolt design they have? Where’s is it making contact with stabilizer?
At full lock passenger it's way to close, and if I come down hard it will definitely hit it, hasn’t hit yet because I’m being really careful until I swap out track bars. It’s really close because of the Teraflex design, it’s really thick in that one spot whereas the Steer Smarts should clear it, hopefully!! But that’s only because I have it mounted through the track bar bracket and tie rod, when it was mounted in the factory location it wasn’t an issue. Only when I swapped out the tie rod and drag link it became a problem. And as far as the clamps go they’re are a non issue once you figure out the correct orientation of the clamps. Here’s a pic of how close the clamp bolts are to the SS at full lock. Even though I’m not a fan of those huge clamps I wouldn’t change the Steer Smarts parts our for any other parts on the market, they’re really that good.

B65C3C00-E62E-4334-BBC6-075BCEF801A0.jpeg

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
At full lock passenger it's way to close, and if I come down hard it will definitely hit it, hasn’t hit yet because I’m being really careful until I swap out track bars. It’s really close because of the Teraflex design, it’s really thick in that one spot whereas the Steer Smarts should clear it, hopefully!! But that’s only because I have it mounted through the track bar bracket and tie rod, when it was mounted in the factory location it wasn’t an issue. Only when I swapped out the tie rod and drag link it became a problem. And as far as the clamps go they’re are a non issue once you figure out the correct orientation of the clamps. Here’s a pic of how close the clamp bolts are to the SS at full lock. Even though I’m not a fan of those huge clamps I wouldn’t change the Steer Smarts parts our for any other parts on the market, they’re really that good.

B65C3C00-E62E-4334-BBC6-075BCEF801A0.jpeg
How much lift are you running? I have the same stabilizer set up and my teraflex TB will arrive today, will it help if you rotate Stabilizer forward a bit on tie rod so you have more clearance? Thanks.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How much lift are you running? I have the same stabilizer set up and my teraflex TB will arrive today, will it help if you rotate Stabilizer forward a bit on tie rod so you have more clearance? Thanks.
I have the Mopar lift and netted 3.5” when all was said and done. I spent so much time rotating and adjusting this thing but it’s just to damn close. But I also have the Synergy sector shaft brace and the Teraflex doesn’t play nice with that either. It’s a shame because I really like the track bar but given that everything is in such close proximity to one another all parts have to play well with one another. Because the Teraflex can accommodate up to 6” of lift the differential clearance bend is way to close to my sector shaft brace at mild compression. I have to over do bump stop spacing in order to clear the brace. So at the end of the day it’s just not worth it anymore. I absolutely love Teraflex so I’m not happy about it, but oh well. You can how tight it is.

3A317A16-EEE7-440D-BA97-098CB4EDD81E.jpeg

893824C5-471F-456C-B494-BAF7E8E43C2A.jpeg

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You can rotate enough to maybe clear it but it’s really cocked on the track bar bolt. The rubber boot gets really squished and will end up ripping if driven that way. It doesn’t work for me but may work for you, every Jeep is different.
Sponsored