Sponsored

Anyone installed Synergy sector brace with the new Steel box?

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
I am going to upgrade to the new steel box. I am currently have the Synergy sector brace. Just wondering should keep it or not? Would like to hear someone install the brace with the new steel box. Thanks 🙏🏻
Sponsored

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Edit: I was wrong, don’t listen to the below

My understanding is that you need new bolts. I want to say the original box has 2 shorter and 2 longer bolts where the new box has 4 long bolts of the same size (or maybe it was the other way around I don't remember) You'd need to get those from synergy/rusty's/steersmarts (whoever) or supply them yourself.

Last edited:

drtrdr85

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My pops and I are both running the brace on our jeeps after the new steering box. No issues so far!

OP
OP
fefe2018

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
My pops and I are both running the brace on our jeeps after the new steering box. No issues so far!
Did you just reuse the bolts from synergy ? Also do you feel huge improvement for the steering ? I hate my steering has quite a lot dead zone..

OP
OP
fefe2018

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
My understanding is that you need new bolts. I want to say the original box has 2 shorter and 2 longer bolts where the new box has 4 long bolts of the same size (or maybe it was the other way around I don't remember) You'd need to get those from synergy/rusty's/steersmarts (whoever) or supply them yourself.
I email synergy, they said it will work without issue. I didn’t ask about the bolts

Sponsored

drtrdr85

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Synergy does not send the bolts at least they did not on my kit or my dad's. I used the bolts that came with the new box and had no issues.

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I installed it on my 2021 Rubicon. You use the factory bolts that come from the steering box. If you have the new box like I do they will all be the same size. If you have the older aluminum one two will be longer. It will work with either as it's the steering box that determines the bolt length not the brace.

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
I have the brace as well with the new TSB steering box. No issues.

However the dead spot was not corrected until the torque screw adjustment. The brace didn't really address the deadspot.
Sponsored