Sponsored

Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep?

Absmisamer

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
Wanted suggestions on the Rock Light LED kits for the Jeeps. Not sure when I would be out wheeling late, but is something like that worth it? Looks to be an easy install. Thanks
Sponsored

MerPinXEss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 4xe JLU
8 pod rock lights with phone app was what we were looking for when these came up. They are very well sealed, and can be installed with included hardware or zip ties. Only issue was they are all wired to one main hub, make sure you get that hub mounted behind the front axle, then run the power up to aux@battery. First install went poorly because hub was installed at battery. Lights on Amazon
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? 7D66393F-D850-4793-B7AD-9BB589377803

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I used KC cyclones in front and behind each wheel. They seemed like a good value, and I used their z brackets for 6 of the 8 lights, just a bumper bolt through the middle of the ones on the front.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? F3BCE9C3-F854-4F70-9E48-D81B0A003CEF

Sponsored

OP
OP

Absmisamer

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler
I used KC cyclones in front and behind each wheel. They seemed like a good value, and I used their z brackets for 6 of the 8 lights, just a bumper bolt through the middle of the ones on the front.
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? F3BCE9C3-F854-4F70-9E48-D81B0A003CEF
Thanks for your advice

OP
OP

Absmisamer

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I added a cheap Amazon RGB set. But bought extension wires for the back ones. Made a mount for the back out of some aluminum angle bolted to the rock slider bolt and 3-M taped the front ones to the front of my fenders to illuminate in front of my tires. Mounted the controller beside the battery and connected it to an Aux so I had positive control of its power.

Scott

Attachments

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Are these hooked up via the AUX switches?

Can I have AUX 1 for when the doors open/close and use AUX 2 to manually have them on all the time?

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
I installed Quake LED Rick lights. Easy install I used a combination of zip ties, screws, and rock light magnets to mount the rock lights. Routing cables was simple. I had the power connected straight to battery and on/off using the rock light app on my phone, but I had a a small parasitic battery draw even when in the off position , so I reconnected the rock light positive to Aux 3 for use as master power.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? 246D050A-DD14-44C2-B799-9E86024D14FC

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? 97473283-9E55-41EE-BCB6-639FFF090E0E

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? BF7EEE43-609D-4CB0-BC75-2323A9683FAD

Sponsored

Tagoren06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR & 18' JLU
I installed Quake LED Rick lights. Easy install I used a combination of zip ties, screws, and rock light magnets to mount the rock lights. Routing cables was simple. I had the power connected straight to battery and on/off using the rock light app on my phone, but I had a a small parasitic battery draw even when in the off position , so I reconnected the rock light positive to Aux 3 for use as master power.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? BF7EEE43-609D-4CB0-BC75-2323A9683FAD

I have the quake RL as well but finding that the rubber pads don't line up well with the cable. My cable is off to the side and would have to be bent to attempt to sit on the pads, are yours the same?

What magnets did you use?

and can you show any up close pics of the mounting areas and how you mounted them, I like the coverage you have and would like to explore a similar setup?

Thank you

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I opted for the Lux Lighting RGB rock lights. 8 are on the ground plus 1 in each wheelwell for a total of 12 lights. They are hooked up to a 3 zone controller that is powered by one of the buttons on my SwitchPros panel. Front and rear is on zone 1, left and right sides are on zone 2, and the wheelwells are on zone 3. An included phone app allows control over using all or a combination of zones, and the ability of independent color changing for festive occasions.

They are very bright. Here's some pics while parked on the grass, which tends to mute the full glow potential of lighting, compared to when sitting over a roadway or bare earth...

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? 20220924_232649
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? 20220924_232628
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? 20220924_232901
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? 20220924_232928
Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? 20220924_232735

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I installed 8 KC Cyclones under my jeep. You can get a kit that comes with 6 plus a bus bar, and then add up to 12 per bus bar, so I just added two more.

On each side, I have one on the edge of the front fender with a Z-bracket, one behind the front wheel on a factory rock rail bolt with an L-bracket, one in front of the rear wheel with one of KCā€™s magnets, and one on top of the body bolts behind the rear tires with one of KCā€™s magnets.

Havenā€™t had to use them on the rocks, yet, but used them plenty to find dropped tools, help set up camp, or check things out/work under the Jeep while the sun is going down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Anyone installed rock lights under Jeep? 1665283114790

DarkhorseJL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2.0L (owned 12 other Jeeps)
Occupation
Behavioral / Clinical Psychologist
This is what Iā€™m going with. Iā€™ve seen them in action and they are bad ass:

https://projectxoffroad.com/collections/rock-lights
While their ā€œrock light cameraā€ is a cool concept, im gonna say their claim of ā€œ1680 lumen (raw)ā€ is a bit overzealous to say the least. First, no doubt youā€™ve seen them in person but the question is ā€œhow long and how much have they been used?ā€ Second, their pics are edited tremendously for the consumerā€¦ no RGB light produces a pure white light without a dedicated LEDā€¦ most use a combination of 2-3 LEDs and itā€™ll be a shade of blue, green or red in person. But third, the biggest issue is the claim of 1680lmā€¦ anyone who knows the difference between raw and actual, knows that a light will produce 40% less of raw to equal actualā€¦ so in fact, so AT BEST, theyā€™re only putting out 1,008lm. But tbh, a company like that hasnā€™t been around long, no true R&D done and most likely used for pavement princesses because companies who are known for lighting like KC and Rigid, whoā€™ve been around for decades, produce ACTUAL 400-600lm per light.

Affroe

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Has anybody used infinite offroad lights? I was reading it comes with a courtesy bypass.... they are a couple hundred bucks so I don't know if I should pull the trigger or go with Amazon cheap lights
Sponsored