Sponsored

Anyone installed Dynatrac axles on their JL?

gpurp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering what all is involved in swapping stock axles with their ProRock 44 and whether they'd work with a MC GC lift.
Sponsored

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Might want to post up in the axle section you might get a few more replies. I’m eventually going to do the Dynatrac myself as well. Just want to beat the oem axle up more.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
That guy who gets his Way... or its the highway did it and made some videos about it. It will work with MC and you should call Dynatrac direct to discuss it further.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah of course it'll fit. The WHOLE idea behind paying top dollar for Dynarape is that it'll bolt up to [fill in your Jeep model here] suspension. It's basically plug 'n play.

I'm not entirely mocking them - I might one day have a custom axle assy under my JL, but damn you pay for it.

Whenever possible I'd avoid proprietary parts like non-OEM axle shaft lengths or wheel hubs drilled to custom bolt patterns (like a D60 drilled to 5on5 'cause you'll NEVER find that on a shelf)....but that's just me.

It's only money honey, spend it if ya got it....

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Wondering what all is involved in swapping stock axles with their ProRock 44 and whether they'd work with a MC GC lift.
Piece of cake. I’ve done it in my garage with hand tools. Having another set of hands is helpful. Wife’s Jeep had a Metal Cloak lift and we had to adjust the front control arms because we bought the Ultimate PR-44 that had thicker tubes and control arm mounts that corrected for castor.

Sponsored

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a PR44 in my JL.
You will need a new front DS, and might need adjustable UCAs (in addition to the adjustable lowers) if you don’t have a lot of lift.
Otherwise it’s a straight swap. Also the stock track bar will likely not be up to par: no shimmy with the stock TB on the M186, some shimmy with the PR and stock TB.
The shimmy resolved with a heavier aftermarket TB.

HTH

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Whenever possible I'd avoid proprietary parts like non-OEM axle shaft lengths or wheel hubs drilled to custom bolt patterns (like a D60 drilled to 5on5 'cause you'll NEVER find that on a shelf)....but that's just me.

It's only money honey, spend it if ya got it....
That's one of the biggest advantage to the Dana Ultimate 60s. So many of the service parts are available at dealerships and autoparts stores.

Heck, look into what you have to do to replace a Pro Rock 60 front brake disc (or was that rear?). ;) Good luck with doing that at the last minute.

Yup, that Dynatrac brake disc is originally a 5 lug disc redrilled to 8.

I was super close to pulling the trigger on a set of Dynatrac axles (after exhausting thoughts on the others as well), but concluded they all have issues in one way or another. I'll wait until maybe they're better sorted out.
Sponsored