Sponsored

Anyone install the Redarc trailer brake in the JL yet?

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
Figured it was worth asking, has anyone installed the Redarc trailer brake kit. Getting ready to install it this weekend.

Alternatively has anyone taken the center console between the front seats apart? That's where I'd like to install the controller but trying to figure out how difficult it will be to take apart.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

JLURmojito

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Don't know if you got to your install yet, if you have the factory tow package - most are recommending a tekonsha 3014 harness. It is not listed to work with the new JL and can cause issues or damage to your jeeps computer. I just did a nice write-up on the correct harness and a modification to it required to make it function as designed. Until the aftermarket catches up - we have to take it into our own hands!
You can use the redarc brake control with the harness I suggest in the write-up, but you MUST utilize the diode inline on the red wire on the tekonsha harness. Splice in the redarc connector after the diode! (the diode can be identified by a black section of heat shrink in the middle of the length of the red wire on the tekonsha 3024 harness)

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-trailer-brake-controller.8378/page-2

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Just got a new JLUR with tow package. Is there a brake controller that is just "plug and play"? I also have the AUX package/buttons.
Sponsored