Sponsored

Anyone install the Alpine PSS-23WRA factory upgrade kit?

Amart13

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler JLU
Hey guys. I have a sport S JLU with the non-alpine radio and obviously it lacks in the low end in terms of audio. Obviously i could just install a sub but i saw the Alpine PSS-23WRA as a plug-and-play kit but cant find a single review on it. Anyone install this? If so..thoughts on it?
Sponsored

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
There are some who have posted their comments here. The only complaint was cost...

That being said, until recently no one was discounting these below $1299. Amazon has it now for about $1000. Still a lot, but $300 makes a difference.

If you sum up component individual prices, you are paying about $400 more (at Amazon price) for a harness and underseat bracket. But then there is no splicing with this option

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
Unfortunately it's not shipping for 1-3 months off that seller on amazon :(

Sponsored

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
6 in stock right now ships and sold by Amazon.

Jeepallday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Has anyone installed the Alpine PSS-23WRA with an 8.4 Infotainment upgrade? I did it today and no sound from speakers. Infotainment Support said it won’t work with the Apline amp. Any ideas?

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara

smokingrillnbarrels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Hey guys. I have a sport S JLU with the non-alpine radio and obviously it lacks in the low end in terms of audio. Obviously i could just install a sub but i saw the Alpine PSS-23WRA as a plug-and-play kit but cant find a single review on it. Anyone install this? If so..thoughts on it?
The price on Amazon does fluctuate quite a bit. I installed a few weeks ago. The install was easy using the quadratec install video. There is a noticeable improvement in the sound quality (there should be based on the price). Overall I'm satisfied with the purchase.

OP
OP

Amart13

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler JLU
The price on Amazon does fluctuate quite a bit. I installed a few weeks ago. The install was easy using the quadratec install video. There is a noticeable improvement in the sound quality (there should be based on the price). Overall I'm satisfied with the purchase.
thanks for the reply!
how are you liking the bass? obviously its a small enclosure but do you feel like it gives a big increase in bass response or are you underwhelmed?
thanks!

Sponsored

ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed the Alpine PSS-23WRA with an 8.4 Infotainment upgrade? I did it today and no sound from speakers. Infotainment Support said it won’t work with the Apline amp. Any ideas?
I have. I bought my JLUR with the UConnnect 7, then bought the Alpine kit and the got the 8.4 off ebay. Mine works fine. But i didn't get the 8.4 from infotainment. I got the head unit with the anti theft code and typed it in. I did however have the sub blow when i first put it in. Crutchfield replaced it with a new kit and I haven't had a problem since. Have had it now for 4 to 5 months.

JeepShoobie

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Anyone near Portland OR have this installed? I would love to hear how it sounds before making the purchase.

smokingrillnbarrels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
thanks for the reply!
how are you liking the bass? obviously its a small enclosure but do you feel like it gives a big increase in bass response or are you underwhelmed?
thanks!
It's a significant increase in bass and music clarity.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Any update?